Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

desperate 14 year old in Perth

desperate 14 year old in Perth

Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:05 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry desperate 14 year old in Perth

hello everyone. I have just recently moved to Perth with my parents and 2 brothers. I didn't want to come in the first place as i loved it in the UK. But they said that i would like it here given time. HELP! i find this place so boring. There are hardly any buses to get around, theres nothing much to do, (so what we live near the sea) it's freezing, the Aussies seem to think that going to the cinemas is a big day out, and i find the education at school absolutley rubbish. I am worried about my education as i will be so far behind when i return to the UK when i am 16. I am so unhappy and don't think i can stand this way of life anymore. Sorry to be so doom and gloom about it all but my expectations are so bad i can't understand what all the fuss is about coming to Perth. Why is the fashion so bad too!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: desperate 14 year old in Perth

Originally Posted by paulrachel
hello everyone. I have just recently moved to Perth with my parents and 2 brothers. I didn't want to come in the first place as i loved it in the UK. But they said that i would like it here given time. HELP! i find this place so boring. There are hardly any buses to get around, theres nothing much to do, (so what we live near the sea) it's freezing, the Aussies seem to think that going to the cinemas is a big day out, and i find the education at school absolutley rubbish. I am worried about my education as i will be so far behind when i return to the UK when i am 16. I am so unhappy and don't think i can stand this way of life anymore. Sorry to be so doom and gloom about it all but my expectations are so bad i can't understand what all the fuss is about coming to Perth. Why is the fashion so bad too!
Hi,

You sound really fed up?

Any brothers or sisters?

How long you been at school?

What year??

Still in touch with your mates back in the UK?

Sarah
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Thumbs down Re: desperate 14 year old in Perth

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hi,

You sound really fed up?

Any brothers or sisters?

How long you been at school?

What year??

Still in touch with your mates back in the UK?

Sarah
hi sarah. I have been here 3 months. i have 2 younger brothers. We all go to school but it is so bad. We don't learn anything. The teachers just want to play games and let us listen to music all day. At first it was good but now i feel dumb i speak to my mates all the time in UK . I wish i was there now. This place is BORING
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

hi sarah. I have been here 3 months. i have 2 younger brothers. We all go to school but it is so bad. We don't learn anything. The teachers just want to play games and let us listen to music all day. At first it was good but now i feel dumb i speak to my mates all the time in UK . I wish i was there now. This place is BORING
Sorry to hear that - school sounds real Cr*p and I should know as I started teaching when I came out 2 years ago! It is SO different to UK schools - I still keep in touch with all the students from my old school back in the UK - I really miss them too.

My step daughter came out she was 14 at the time and she was so nervous. took her a while to settle and even now she will admit that school/friends/peer group are different to how things are/were back in the UK - at first she would say different bad - and now I guess she says different but OK. She comes on BE sometimes - her name is berra girl.

My son who is19 hates it here - he went back to the UK and then came back and will eventually go back to the UK in 18 months for good I think. he is also on here - his name is turtletom - have a moan to him - he knows how you feel.

My other daughter - wan't as brave as you - she wouldn't even come and try it out. She was 14 and has stayed in the UK with her dad - I wish she would have tried it. I bet your parents are pleased that you are giving it a go? they should be real proud of you for that.

Try going into the 'barbie' part of this site and you can have a laugh someitmes - it releives the boredom if nothing else.

Keep in touch with your mates back in the UK - but I hope you meet some new freinds here soon :-)
Take care
Sarah
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:26 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Where about in Perth are you?
Are you male or female?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sasbear
Sorry to hear that - school sounds real Cr*p and I should know as I started teaching when I came out 2 years ago! It is SO different to UK schools - I still keep in touch with all the students from my old school back in the UK - I really miss them too.

My step daughter came out she was 14 at the time and she was so nervous. took her a while to settle and even now she will admit that school/friends/peer group are different to how things are/were back in the UK - at first she would say different bad - and now I guess she says different but OK. She comes on BE sometimes - her name is berra girl.

My son who is19 hates it here - he went back to the UK and then came back and will eventually go back to the UK in 18 months for good I think. he is also on here - his name is turtletom - have a moan to him - he knows how you feel.

My other daughter - wan't as brave as you - she wouldn't even come and try it out. She was 14 and has stayed in the UK with her dad - I wish she would have tried it. I bet your parents are pleased that you are giving it a go? they should be real proud of you for that.

Try going into the 'barbie' part of this site and you can have a laugh someitmes - it releives the boredom if nothing else.

(Keep in touch with your mates back in the UK - but I hope you meet some new freinds here soon :-))
Take care
Sarah
thanx 4 the advice. I just wish there were more to do then that would help just a little.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:41 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

. I am so unhappy and don't think i can stand this way of life anymore. Sorry to be so doom and gloom about it all but my expectations are so bad i can't understand what all the fuss is about coming to Perth. Why is the fashion so bad too![/QUOTE]

I am a bit older - well really older and would suggest you sit down and explain all this to your family and ask if it is possible for you to go back when the uk schools restart if you have not settled by then. Ask if you can stay with friends or other relative. This is not uncommon among the expat
community. You could visit at holiday time etc.
You may find that by september things seem better but if not this may be a solution
you may be surprised how many others are in the same position and that there are ways around it
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:46 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

And how come your not at school?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
And how come your not at school?
I am!!! this is what we g et up to at school when the teachers can't be arsed with us...it passes time.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:58 am
Cheeky member

I am!!! this is what we g et up to at school when the teachers can't be arsed with us...it passes time.
Crikey....What school is it....not that private one near you I hope?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Things have obviously been bad for you since you arrived, and your mother (I think from memory) is also unsettled which is rubbing off on you. I really think you need to change schools. They are not all like yours thank god, we are in QLD and both my girls are at school to learn and that's what they're doing. Discuss with your parents about moving schools. Also I believe there is stacks to do, you just need to find it, go to the local library or on the net and find out about all the clubs in your area.

To be honest, mindset is a very big part and you didn't want to come out so you are not looking for the good stuff because you actually want it all to fail - probably subconsciously (well in part anyway )

The winter will soon be over, the heat and sunshine will appear and honestly things will look different.

Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:57 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in Perth are you ?

What school are you attending ?

We are due over in Perth around Sept/Oct time and I have a 13 yr old daughter maybe you can chat online then meet up later on?
Have you made friends with the local kids yet, it does take time to settle in.
Hope it goes well for you ans as moneypenny says things will seem a bit better when the sun begins to shine.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.pomsinperth.com site my daughter who is 16 is on there and plenty of others on the teenage site.

Its very hard when you first come here she took a long time to settle, there are plenty of other kids that feel the same way as you. It is hard being 14 as my eldest only ever seems to go to the movies too!!or days our to Perth. she has got a job in MacDonalds which she got as soon as we came here last year adn that has helped alot.

Pm me if you want her msn Im sure she will chat to you and maybe put you in touch with some other girls.

Kath