Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dengue fever outbreak - north Queensland

Dengue fever outbreak - north Queensland

Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:56 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dengue fever outbreak - north Queensland

Bloody hell, do they not do the tests on the spot?

Wishing her well, cresta.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Bloody hell, do they not do the tests on the spot?

Wishing her well, cresta.
No, we had to go to the quack first then go from there to the phlebotomist. Now we wait two days for the results, should know Friday am
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Deb has been laid up in bed for a week now with flu like symptoms, I managed to get her out of bed long enough to visit the doc yesterday, we're awaiting blood tests. Doc reckons it could be Ross River Virus that we picked up while while camping at the local ski lake
give her my love mate, and make sure you look after her well
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:18 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know anything about Ross River Virus although I've just googled and it sounds very like Dengue.

I did wait 2 days to be admitted after a positive test for that - figured one of us in hospital was enough when we had 3 cats, one of which was shut in the bathroom as we'd just taken him in and one of the others wanted to kill him - but by then I was very weak and pretty much delirious.

edit: More constructive thought Can you dose her up on Vitamin C and Echinacea until she gets the results?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know anything about Ross River Virus although I've just googled and it sounds very like Dengue.

I did wait 2 days to be admitted after a positive test for that - figured one of us in hospital was enough when we had 3 cats, one of which was shut in the bathroom as we'd just taken him in and one of the others wanted to kill him - but by then I was very weak and pretty much delirious.
The Qld Health stuff I was reading last night reckons they are very similar except that dengue can be fatal in exteme cases.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:34 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

edit: More constructive thought Can you dose her up on Vitamin C and Echinacea until she gets the results?
Yep similar to Dengue though not fatal [in most cases] She's already dosed up on vit C because as soon as she gets a bit run down she breaks out in cold sores. Currently sporting as rather large one on the lower lip
Ah well as I keep telling her it could be worse it could be me
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it turns out to be "only flu" mate.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Hope it turns out to be "only flu" mate.
Not as much as I do mate, I've had to make my own breckie for a week! I've also got 100M² + to grout on my own if she's not back next week
Seriously she's not been this crook since we've been here & it is a big worry.
We'll know by Friday & I keep telling her we're working the weekend if it's just the flue
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Not as much as I do mate, I've had to make my own breckie for a week! I've also got 100M² + to grout on my own if she's not back next week
We'll know by Friday & I keep telling her we're working the weekend if it's just the flue
If she's got any sense and it is flu she won't let you in on the diagnosis until after the weekend ,

FIngers crossed for her.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Give Debs our best regards please mate .Hope she recovers quickly especially as you've got that big job on mate If she doesn't i could always send Linda up Least she could do is make your breakfast
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Give Debs our best regards please mate .Hope she recovers quickly especially as you've got that big job on mate If she doesn't i could always send Linda up Least she could do is make your breakfast
Lol, she's feeling a lot better today so we went out to get some fresh air. Had a nice walk along the beach with the dog & granddaughter. Beats working anyway, fingers crossed for the all clear tomorrow
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Deb has been laid up in bed for a week now with flu like symptoms, I managed to get her out of bed long enough to visit the doc yesterday, we're awaiting blood tests. Doc reckons it could be Ross River Virus that we picked up while while camping at the local ski lake

I had a kiwi friend who had Ross River. Similar symptoms to chronic fatique symptoms. Took her months to recover. Keep your eye on her, and don't let her over do things. (find someone else who will help you do the grout! I would offer, but too far away.)

Here's hoping she's feeling much better soon.

Mxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:18 pm
Home and Happy

Lol, she's feeling a lot better today so we went out to get some fresh air. Had a nice walk along the beach with the dog & granddaughter. Beats working anyway, fingers crossed for the all clear tomorrow
Fingers firmly crossed - let us know what the doc says
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:58 am
Home and Happy

Anyone heard what Deb's results were? Sean, put your beer down and give us an update!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Anyone heard what Deb's results were? Sean, put your beer down and give us an update!
Sorry, we got the all clear for RR this morning, it's just the usual influenza virus so I took her to work by way of a treat
No not really, we went to the club for tea & she's been playing bloody Texas Hold em on Facebook since about 8pm. We need another PC:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.