Denby crockery

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Denby crockery

Does anybody know where you can buy Denby crockery in the brisbane area. I have been told it is dearer here than in the UK, but I still need a few plates etc to complete my set. I didn't buy anymore in N.Ireland as I thought it may get smashed on the way here.

I had it shipped out. It has been given to me as presents so has sentimental attachment. Happily it arrived unscathed apart from one mug, and a wooden bowl was scratched, presumeably where they checked it. Also one wooden bowl is missing. I am thinking they took it out to check the wood and forgot to put it back in. Or maybe their misses wanted a wooden Denby bowl to complete her set lol

Katie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:50 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denby crockery

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Does anybody know where you can buy Denby crockery in the brisbane area. I have been told it is dearer here than in the UK, but I still need a few plates etc to complete my set. I didn't buy anymore in N.Ireland as I thought it may get smashed on the way here.

I had it shipped out. It has been given to me as presents so has sentimental attachment. Happily it arrived unscathed apart from one mug, and a wooden bowl was scratched, presumeably where they checked it. Also one wooden bowl is missing. I am thinking they took it out to check the wood and forgot to put it back in. Or maybe their misses wanted a wooden Denby bowl to complete her set lol

Katie
Have you tried ebay? My MIL makes a bit of money buying at car boot sales / auctions and selling on ebay and I have heard her talk of Denby a few times so there must be a bit on there.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Katie
I know what it is like when you need to finish your service! To be honest I just started over cause it was more fun And it was well worth my husbands face! Victoria Basement Ã*s the other place to try.

http://www.denbypottery.co.uk/ advertise an importer, has anyone tried them? For my bits and pieces I am still trying out new stuff over here car boot/ebay/school sales/local rags here cause snobby places charge ott and you never know what you will find!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:07 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen denby in David Jones in Carindale.

spalens wife
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:54 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Katie
Hi Katie

Denby Pottery is about 3 miles away from me here in lovely (?) Derbyshire. I know that is of no help whatsoever but i just thought i'd tell you!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sandra
I know what it is like when you need to finish your service! To be honest I just started over cause it was more fun And it was well worth my husbands face! Victoria Basement ês the other place to try.

http://www.denbypottery.co.uk/ advertise an importer, has anyone tried them? For my bits and pieces I am still trying out new stuff over here car boot/ebay/school sales/local rags here cause snobby places charge ott and you never know what you will find!
LOL I am sure your hubbies face was a picture. My hybby's was when we were looking at the Denby site and I was showing him all the bits and pieces, ie casserole pots, teapots etc that would be lovely to get to complete the set

It is definately a good idea to try car boot sales etc. I will give that a go. I had another look at the website and got a phone number for the stockist here in Oz. Thanks : ) I have not hear of Victoria basement. Sounds like a posh department store I can have fun dragging hubby around : )

Katie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Spalen and Worsel I will have a look on ebay etc. Esp if it does cost a fortune to buy new here.

Thanks Salsa. It isn't a big help to know Denby is by you, but on the other hand it is nice to know where it is made. Confirms the mark on the bottom isn't a big lie

Katie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:30 am
ABCDiamond

Katie
On a similar thing, my wife used to get me to bring Royal Doulton back from the UK when I visited, as it is such a massive price difference here.

The Sales people in Allders told me that they could post things to Australia if I wanted. They got the impression I was serious when I was talking to my wife on the mobile phone to decide which one she wanted !!

I would suggest checking the cost to have it shipped over

Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Jules and I have a few Denby pieces from our wedding gifts.
I thought the cost in the UK was a shocker, but we were in David jones the other day and they had our style dinner plates on sale at $17 per plate!!! Reduced from $29 per plate!!!
I'm sticking with my pizza box thank you very much. It comes free with the food
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Argh! I'm feeling inadequate! I had to look up what Denby crockery was. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks time and let along finishing a collection I haven't even started one. I'll be over in the sandpit...
Old Jul 4th 2005, 2:15 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Argh! I'm feeling inadequate! I had to look up what Denby crockery was. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks time and let along finishing a collection I haven't even started one. I'll be over in the sandpit...
I can lend you some cups and bowls to make sandcastles with....
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I will take a look in David Jones when they have a sale on then and get a few bits and pieces. I wouldn't mind paying $17 a plate but $29 is a bit much.

I would never of thought to start collecting Denby only my mother in law asked me what I was collecting when Tim and I got married. I asked Tim what she meant and he said a plate set, so we went to Debenhams and picked one out. I have been bought plates, and cups etc for presents since then. I don't use it every day, but it is nice to be "posh" once in a while.

Thanks
Katie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:22 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

p.s. They have a factory shop too
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

pauldaah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SalSa
p.s. They have a factory shop too

And I work in the factory shop in Nottingham City Centre
Sue
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

And I work in the factory shop in Nottingham City Centre
Sue

Does being a factory shop mean they sell the Denby at reduced prices? Will they post it abroad if you buy over the phone? I have found out that the Denby set I am collecting has been discontinued in Oz. :scared:

Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.