Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Delaying the move

Wikiposts

Delaying the move

Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:12 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delaying the move

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi Guys...can I join in................sorry to be REALLY stupid here but im confused now. We have applied for our visa as Skilled Migrant modl. Should have to validate Visa by July 2006, if the police checks ever come back!!! I was under the impression we had to stay two out of the 5 years!!!! Am I wrong then (this would then mean if only we went to validate our visas we would need to move out there by July 2008) Sorry if Ive caused further confusion!!! Cheers
Date of validation is up to one year after either meds or police checks were carried out (whichever is earlier). So if your date for validation is July 2006 then you still have 4 years left on that Visa. If you don't want the hassel of applying for RRV then it's advisable to be in Oz by 2008.

As others have said read JAJ's post...It's been laid out pretty clear.

hope this helps

Cheers

ginny
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:29 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
HI Gina, didn't realise you were delaying. Is that a recent decision? I had the chance to stay on earning great money but decided I couldn't handle going to work any longer without giving a toss about the place.
Hi Worzel,

no, it's not a recent decision. We always knew we wouldn't be able to go until 2007, if I stayed to finish my degree. It's not about money (I work part-time self-employed), purely about finishing the degree. Though, I have to admit, I've been close at times to chucking it in - want to go to Oz nooooow. But then my sensible alter ego kicks in ..... finishing the degree is the sensible thing to do.

Gina

P.S. Will be thinking of you, especially on Friday!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:55 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Thanks...........got it in my pea size brain now x