Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DEEMING DATE? & Whats stopping me?

DEEMING DATE? & Whats stopping me?

Old Aug 6th 2002, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default DEEMING DATE? & Whats stopping me?

Hello please excuse my ignorance but what is a deeming date??

And what is stopping me getting a load for say £50000 then moving to australia and not paying it

HOW WOULD THEY FIND ME???? (even i dont know where i going to stay yet)

Cheers
Old Aug 6th 2002, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

I would imagine that what's stopping you would be the thought of waiting for a knock on the door for the next 20years. I'm quite sure that for 50K they'd have a good go at finding you and would probably succeed!
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:11 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: DEEMING DATE? & Whats stopping me?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tambo
And what is stopping me getting a load (sic - loan?) for say £50000 then moving to australia and not paying it

HOW WOULD THEY FIND ME???? (even i dont know where i going to stay yet)
Cheers
[/QUOTE

Well what might stop you is that you are talking about theft and stealing this amount would probably result in a jail sentence and a criminal record. I suppose GBP50K is not so difficult an amount to borrow unsecured, probably through several credit cards/ bank loans etc. Then what? You escape to Aus and hide, change your name to avoid arrest and extradition back to face your jail sentence? I'm sure plenty of thieves try this but apart from the moral question it can't be a very happy life afterwards, as susmac says, always scared you're going to be shopped and arrested.