Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

decorative weapons collection - will it be allowed in?

decorative weapons collection - will it be allowed in?

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:14 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile decorative weapons collection - will it be allowed in?

We are hoping to move to Perth next year (175 modl gas fitter). We have a very large collection of fantasy swords and knives and wondered if we would be able to bring them with us? Some of the pieces are over 4ft long (battlelith sword from star trek!) and quite nasty looking. any idea? Diz xx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: decorative weapons collection - will it be allowed in?

Originally Posted by Diz
We are hoping to move to Perth next year (175 modl gas fitter). We have a very large collection of fantasy swords and knives and wondered if we would be able to bring them with us? Some of the pieces are over 4ft long (battlelith sword from star trek!) and quite nasty looking. any idea? Diz xx
Its come up a few times before - theres a link in THIS thread which will give you a start with Customs.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

no,if there is any way in the world 2 stop u they will,they may invent a new regulation just 2 stop u!..but they wil..just 2 piss u off.....its wot they do...they r good at it though! protecting the borders of australia..ha ha
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:38 am
Just Joined

CnG-OZ Bound will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Diz
I brought a Katana sword in with my shipped container about 8 months ago.
I declared it and also confirmed with NSW police (by email) that i could legally possess it in NSW. I have had no probs.
The problem is in bringing in knives & daggers.

This customs website might help guide you in the right direction.
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4369#e1066
Chris
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:31 am
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile Re: decorative weapons collection - will it be allowed in?

thanks for the info. I think we may have to leave some pieces behind but most will be able to come on the declaration.