Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Making a choice between two companies offering seemingly identical services is really hard.

I generally use the tried and tested "ix plix ply plum stick your finger up your bum if its nice lick it twice ix plix ply plum you are out" approach.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:52 am
Just Joined

jaydt is an unknown quantity at this point

sooner flip a coin , no after taste.................
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

We used Anglo and whilst it's still shipping so no idea as yet for Australia end, we found them excellent in the UK.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Thanks All....Sounds like I just need to jump in and commit! Will definitely make sure the insurance is up to scratch - all the suppliers I've spoken to have been quite wishy washy about the insurance...

Has anyone used Letticon Percival for insurance? From previous posts they sound pretty good.
Most of the shippers use Letton Percival but if you go direct, it's about half the cost for the same cover and the people there are incredibly helpful in filling out the valuation list. No idea what they're like if you claim, thankfully we didn't have to.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:05 am
Just Joined

sarnydee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Most of the shippers use Letton Percival but if you go direct, it's about half the cost for the same cover and the people there are incredibly helpful in filling out the valuation list. No idea what they're like if you claim, thankfully we didn't have to.
We used Excess International for our move recently and the service was ok, not brilliant but passable. Our stuff was picked up on 15th jan and because it was only a part load sat in their warehouse for 4 weeks before it was shipped. We arrived in Perth on 6th Feb and received our goods last Tuesday, making a total of 14 weeks, far longer than anyone else I know. The packing service was excellent though, no breakages apart from a glass candle holder that quarantine had opened, so I assume they did that, our microwave was very yellowed for some reason, and when I queried it with the guys this end they informed me that it sometimes happens. Anyone aware of this?? We also had to pay a 'currency fluctuation' charge due to the poor exchange rate which was approx £77 before we left the Uk. And the quarantine charge was more than we were quoted, so all in all, the service was ok but beware of hidden extras!!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all!

I think we'll go for Anglo, try get them down on price more, and then get insurance through Letticon Percival - it seems as though the biggest problem with Anglo is their insurance...

Has anyone else had hidden cost problems like sarneydee?