Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Decided to leave in the next few weeks but don't know where for one way Insurance

Decided to leave in the next few weeks but don't know where for one way Insurance

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Decided to leave in the next few weeks but don't know where for one way Insurance

We've finally decided we've had enough of this cold weather and are heading to Sydney in a few weeks (and keeping our fingers crossed that our house sale goes through).

I've booked the flights with emirates & a 40kg allowance, booked the shippers, sent the cheque for the shipping insurance, booked the leaving do, booked time to visit rellies, handed in my notice (8 working days and counting) but came across one problem in where to get insurance for us and our belongings that are flying with us.

Any suggestions on the best place to get one way travel insurance for the best price. We are 2 adults heading to Sydney with £12k to £15k worth of stuff on the airplane with us mainly in the form of jewellery, scuba gear, and electronics such as camera's, laptop, ipods, game boys etc.

Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:26 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decided to leave in the next few weeks but don't know where for one way Insurance

Originally Posted by spottydog
We've finally decided we've had enough of this cold weather and are heading to Sydney in a few weeks (and keeping our fingers crossed that our house sale goes through).

I've booked the flights with emirates & a 40kg allowance, booked the shippers, sent the cheque for the shipping insurance, booked the leaving do, booked time to visit rellies, handed in my notice (8 working days and counting) but came across one problem in where to get insurance for us and our belongings that are flying with us.

Any suggestions on the best place to get one way travel insurance for the best price. We are 2 adults heading to Sydney with £12k to £15k worth of stuff on the airplane with us mainly in the form of jewellery, scuba gear, and electronics such as camera's, laptop, ipods, game boys etc.

Thanks
http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/ - these guys have a great reputation as they are the only one (or one of the only ones) that insure you for a number of days AFTER you get to Aus.....
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Decided to leave in the next few weeks but don't know where for one way Insurance

You will be lucky, i struggled to find insurance to cover a laptop up to £1000, most wouldnt even do that, Post office do one way insurance with cover once you arrive but only up to item of £1000 I think. Someone else may know better but this is what I found
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Thanks
Try Down-under insurance (on-line discount but too confusing, speak to them direct), I didn't have as much stuff as you but spread things around each passenger, eg. I had a digital camera, so did daughter - needed to put them in separate names or we wouldn't be able to cover them both (maximum allowance I think). Do check, they're really helpful and if you don't get through easily try again the next day, some days waited half an hour, others 20 seconds. Only had to phone them back cos I completely confused myself.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, I've tried emailing both downunder and go walkabout and I'll see what they say.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Thanks, I've tried emailing both downunder and go walkabout and I'll see what they say.
Hi try these guys, www.pjhayman.com

they also do one way insurance for people emigrating.

paula.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi try these guys, www.pjhayman.com

they also do one way insurance for people emigrating.

paula.
Thanks I'll try contacting them. Both downunder and go walkabout will only cover to £2k which is really no use for us.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Thanks I'll try contacting them. Both downunder and go walkabout will only cover to £2k which is really no use for us.
I know we are having the same problem
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cantwait
I know we are having the same problem
No luck with PJ Hayman either for me but Letton Percival will cover our hold belongings at 1.53% with the same conditions as the shipping insurance except we won't be covered for breakages as it will be classed as owner packed (this is fine for us since we won't be putting anything breakable in the hold).

Now just got to get the usual insurance to cover us & the flights etc.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/ - these guys have a great reputation as they are the only one (or one of the only ones) that insure you for a number of days AFTER you get to Aus.....
Agreed!
We used 'Go walkabout'. Very nice friendly man who runs the business.