Decent webcams

Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Decent webcams

My webcam is really crappy. Can anyone recommend a decent one as I want to get a really good one.

Thanks.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Decent webcams

Originally Posted by debsy
My webcam is really crappy. Can anyone recommend a decent one as I want to get a really good one.

Thanks.
As far as I know (not that much) an new model Sanyo anything in the way of cameras is good.
Cas
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:30 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.

All these fancy gadgets, you posh bird!

What's wrong with two tin cans and a piece of string?!
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
All these fancy gadgets, you posh bird!

What's wrong with two tin cans and a piece of string?!
Nothing - but have to have a bloody long piece of string
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:36 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Nothing - but have to have a bloody long piece of string

Don't worry, that Debs can really chat. You just need to open a window and you can here her.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Don't worry, that Debs can really chat. You just need to open a window and you can here her.
Is that what that noise is? Thought my telly was on the blink
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
You'll be safe with anything by Logitech but might pay a bit more for the privilege. Also depends whether you want a built-in mic or not too? I got one for the father-in-law from our local shop in town - can't even remember the brand now but it was decent for £20.

This one I've seen in action and seems pretty good - Logitech Quickcam Messenger
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:10 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
You'll be safe with anything by Logitech but might pay a bit more for the privilege. Also depends whether you want a built-in mic or not too? I got one for the father-in-law from our local shop in town - can't even remember the brand now but it was decent for £20.

This one I've seen in action and seems pretty good - Logitech Quickcam Messenger
I would agree with wmoore, we have the Logitech Quickcam Messenger (using through Yahoo Messenger) and the picture quality is great. I've still no broadband and neither does my parents in Ireland but it works fine, hopefully I'll get broadband installed and it will be even better.

Are you in Oz ? most of the larger stores like Dick Smith and Harvey Norman sell the Logitech Quickcam Messenger for about $80.

Good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by irishmolly
I would agree with wmoore, we have the Logitech Quickcam Messenger (using through Yahoo Messenger) and the picture quality is great. I've still no broadband and neither does my parents in Ireland but it works fine, hopefully I'll get broadband installed and it will be even better.

Are you in Oz ? most of the larger stores like Dick Smith and Harvey Norman sell the Logitech Quickcam Messenger for about $80.

Good luck.

We've got a Logitech camera too and its fantastic. Think ours cost around $120 in Harvey Norman. Go through Yahoo Messenger (much better than MSN messenger). Broadband didn't make a huge difference to the picture quality but are now able to talk as well whereas before there was a real delay on the conversation.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 1:30 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

I have a Labtec webcam.

It's pretty decent. But if you want something more fancy, like with buttons and such, then I don't recommend this one (instead take a look at the Labtec pro).

Labtec Webcam

Labtec Webcam Pro
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:04 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

we bought a "Trust" webcam and its fine.

PJ
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wmoore

WHAT WAS THAT STEVE

Wayne - that is the one that I have already and it is no very clear.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:45 am
togooff&things

We've just got a bizarre eyeball thingy! Logitech QuickCam Orbit Webcam. It follows you as you move and keeps you centre in the picture (as long as you don't have too much clutter around you). It also has a built in mic that is handy. Ex[pensive - but we got it cheaper on E-bay, (still brand new though). I'm giving it to my mom so we can communicate when we move - (also got her a Multi region DVD last cristmas, that plays Jpgs, so we can send over picture discs that she can play on her DVD) Desparatly wanting to keep contact.
Attached Thumbnails Decent webcams-webcam.jpg  

Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:54 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

WHAT WAS THAT STEVE

Wayne - that is the one that I have already and it is no very clear.

Ignore this if you like but some webcams have to be focussed

PJ
Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Ignore this if you like but some webcams have to be focussed

PJ
I have tried that but it gives a dark and blurred image for the person viewing.
Anyone got CREATIVE WEBCAM NX ULTRA ?
Attached Thumbnails Decent webcams-creative.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.