debt in uk

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default debt in uk

hi just a quick one if you have debt in the uk does this affect you in perth...cheers chris
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:53 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by chris34uk
hi just a quick one if you have debt in the uk does this affect you in perth...cheers chris
We're off to Perth soon and will not be paying off our debts 1st. It doesn't make much difference. A financial advisor in Perth told me that uk debts are not taken into account for mortgages either!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pookster
We're off to Perth soon and will not be paying off our debts 1st. It doesn't make much difference. A financial advisor in Perth told me that uk debts are not taken into account for mortgages either!
mmm thats ok then where looking into going at the minuite just trying to get lots of info
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:13 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris34uk

There was a really good thread on this a while back. I think it was decided that it would be a nightmare to pay them off from OZ, if you could pay them then do and hopefully its not with one of the companies that trade or have partnerships in OZ, otherwise they may chase the debt.
Try doing the thread search, it was interesting.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There was a really good thread on this a while back. I think it was decided that it would be a nightmare to pay them off from OZ, if you could pay them then do and hopefully its not with one of the companies that trade or have partnerships in OZ, otherwise they may chase the debt.
Try doing the thread search, it was interesting.
ok thanks for that
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:03 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

why would anyone not pay what they owe ?and also for all those that are coming here most by and large will settle well into australian life but the few that dont will feel like they have to stay if they have a bad credit history in the uk.
Its only a matter of time before the banks etc get their act together and it wont be long with the likes of bush,blair and howard running the show that it will be made legal to run credit searches on citizens and PRs in other countries .

Last edited by sassenach; Oct 28th 2006 at 12:06 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
why would anyone not pay what they owe ? .
Because they think they can get away with it?

Debt does not travel with you... credit ratings are not transferable, but if you leave your debt and do not pay it off, you can land in big trouble. Not only that, but you spend years looking over your shoulder waiting for someone to turn up and nab you. It's not worth the hassle.
Pay it off and leave on good terms. You just never know if you might need to go back suddenly or Aus might not be the right place for you...
If you're coming here for a fresh start, make it so, not a slightly grubby one.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pookster
. A financial advisor in Perth told me that uk debts are not taken into account for mortgages either!
Not true. They will ask you if you have any credit cards or other debt. If you do not declare this on your mortgage application, you are committing fraud. Be very, very careful.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

BTW its not a nightmare to have to pay them off from here. Use a company like tranzfers to move money from your Aus account to your UK account, and then pay everything with internet banking.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
BTW its not a nightmare to have to pay them off from here. Use a company like tranzfers to move money from your Aus account to your UK account, and then pay everything with internet banking.
I paid off a bank loan from here years ago, through bank transfers as other things weren't set up then... Now that was painful. Now it's easy.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason i say that is because of the exchange rate.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The only reason i say that is because of the exchange rate.
Fair enough, I agree from that point of view.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:49 pm
Straw Man.

Fair enough, I agree from that point of view.

My god! Thats got to be the first time someone on BE has agreed with me!

2500 posts and i finally get a agreement!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:46 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone had any experience coming to a settlement figure on credit card debt.for example if i owe £10,000 would they except a 'take it or leave it' settlement of £5,000 ?Would this have any effect on your credit rating in here or in Aus ?
Any info greatly appreciated
lee
Old Oct 28th 2006, 4:00 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Has anyone had any experience coming to a settlement figure on credit card debt.for example if i owe £10,000 would they except a 'take it or leave it' settlement of £5,000 ?Would this have any effect on your credit rating in here or in Aus ?
Any info greatly appreciated
lee
would love to know the answer to this one
steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.