Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Debs Needs Advice For Friends Wanting To Come To Oz .

Debs Needs Advice For Friends Wanting To Come To Oz .

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Smile Debs Needs Advice For Friends Wanting To Come To Oz .

debs needs migration advice for friends please.
hi all ,
i had a call from our best friends today & they have finally decided to give oz a go .
she couldn't get hold of our agent so after trying for days gave up & looked in yellow pages & was told by the person she spoke to that they wouldn't get in but to give NZ ago she said no .
so anyway was pretty upset today as you can imagine . i have told her to get herself on Expats but they are still not on the net silly buggers.
i was wondering if any of you could tell me of a very good agent they could try.
i will tell you a bit about them & you could give me your opion on the matter .
Steve is 43 she is 42 , was told they wouldn't get in on his profession but had been told about a yr ago he would [i know things change ]
anyway for the last 15 yrs he has been running his own building company & was told that it would count , he also holds one of the highest accreditations with the N .H. B.C . she works for a large company & does the payroll for 300 employees don't know if that counts for anything .
they own their house & with the business their financial situation should not be a problem . so if there is anyway round it even if we could sponsor them
i would be very grateful if anyone could help .
cheers debs .
OH - PS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ASKED FOR ANOTHER UPDATE OF LIFE AFTER "GET A NEW LIFE" I WILL START WORKING ON IT SHORTLY .WE HAVE KEV'S PARENTS ARRIVING ON TUE FOR A MONTH SO MAY LEAVE IT UNTIL THEY GO , ITS 2 YRS FOR US ON 28TH SEP GOT THE CITIZENSHIP FORMS . WILL BE IN TOUCH .
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Debs Needs Advice For Friends Wanting To Come To Oz .

Originally Posted by debreeve
hi all ,
i had a call from our best friends today & they have finally decided to give oz a go .
she couldn't get hold of our agent so after trying for days gave up & looked in yellow pages & was told by the person she spoke to that they wouldn't get in but to give NZ ago she said no .
so anyway was pretty upset today as you can imagine . i have told her to get herself on Expats but they are still not on the net silly buggers.
i was wondering if any of you could tell me of a very good agent they could try.
Steve is 43 she is 42 , was told they wouldn't get in on his profession but had been told about a yr ago he would [i know things change ]
anyway for the last 15 yrs he has been running his own building company & was told that it would count , he also holds one of the highest accreditations with the N .H. B.C . she works for a large company & does the payroll for 300 employees don't know if that counts for anything .
they own their house & with the business their financial situation should not be a problem . so if there is anyway round it even if we could sponsor them
cheers debs .
OH - PS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ASKED FOR ANOTHER UPDATE OF LIFE AFTER "GET A NEW LIFE" I WILL START WORKING ON IT SHORTLY .WE HAVE KEV'S PARENTS ARRIVING ON TUE FOR A MONTH SO MAY LEAVE IT UNTIL THEY GO , ITS 2 YRS FOR US ON 28TH SEP GOT THE CITIZENSHIP FORMS . WILL BE IN TOUCH .

Hi deb,

try go matilda.........if any agent can get them in it will be them
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:55 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Will send you a PM
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 8:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Debs,
I'm no visa expert but with that background it sounds promising to me.

Copy your thread onto the immigration forum too.

It's here..........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bix
Debs,
I'm no visa expert but with that background it sounds promising to me.

Copy your thread onto the immigration forum too.

It's here..........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
THANKS BIX FOR THAT BUT HOW DO I COPY IT OR DO U MEAN JUST WRITE IT AGAIN ON THAT THREAD .
I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED PROMISING , MAYBE THE GUY FROM YELLOW PAGES WAS JUST PROMOTING NZ .
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS BIX FOR THAT BUT HOW DO I COPY IT OR DO U MEAN JUST WRITE IT AGAIN ON THAT THREAD .
I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED PROMISING , MAYBE THE GUY FROM YELLOW PAGES WAS JUST PROMOTING NZ .
Debs, you need to start a new thread over there but you can cut and paste the contents from your original post on here.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

just emptied my pm box debs
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
Debs, you need to start a new thread over there but you can cut and paste the contents from your original post on here.
thanks bix have done it .
it would be so great when i call them later to pass on some good news ,
it would be the icing on the cake for us to have our best friends here with us .
cheers debs x
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:14 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

hi all ,
cheers debs .

Sounds like SKILLs route is the obvious choice. Has he got certificates, apprenticeship etc to satisfy TRA.

Wat about RURAL migration thingy.

I agree , www.gomatilda.com is best bet, speak to Alan Collett
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:31 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Sounds like SKILLs route is the obvious choice. Has he got certificates, apprenticeship etc to satisfy TRA.

Wat about RURAL migration thingy.

I agree , www.gomatilda.com is best bet, speak to Alan Collett
yellow pages is generally a bad idea for most things imho.. someone like alan or george lombard would be the way to go. I've never met Alan, but i used George and found him 2nd to none..... Alan does have a good rap though....
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjonboy
yellow pages is generally a bad idea for most things imho.. someone like alan or george lombard would be the way to go. I've never met Alan, but i used George and found him 2nd to none..... Alan does have a good rap though....
Yellow Pages??

And let your fingers do the walkin !!!

I agree mate, not the way to go.

Whats that MIGRATION newspaper you can subscribe to in the uk, we had it for 2 yrs plus, brill read and fulla info
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:36 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Deb,

It sounds to me like there could be a way in! You never know til you try.

Try this agent, she is *fantastic* and *very* experienced and will give your friend an honest appraisal:

Ms. Julia Skoglund
Registered Migration Agent #0208311

Migrate Australia
PO Box 156
Lancelin WA 6044
Australia
Phone/Fax: +61 8 9655 1788
E-mail: [email protected]

hi all ,
cheers debs .