Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

De Facto Visa - Got it!!!!!!!!!!

De Facto Visa - Got it!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: De Facto Visa - Got it!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by robyn01
Congrats Sophie that didnt take long to come through im thinking that all that was 2005 you applied well done......

Excuse me for asking but what is the difference between a defacto visa and a fiancee visa?
Thank you! Yes - a week and a half - can't believe it!!

A de facto visa is where you have been living together effectively as husband and wife for a minimum of 12 months (and are continuing to do so). The fiancee version is the 'prospective marriage visa', and under that one you are actually engaged, and you have to get married within a certain time frame of applying.

Sophie
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by logan
Hi Sophie Louise,

Big congratulations!!! I responded to your thread back in January, and was wondering how your mum's getting on now? Is she coming to terms with what you want to do? We leave on the 14th March for Brisbane, so will hopefully see you at one of the famous Brisbane Girls Drinking nights!!

Logan
Thank you! (And thanks to everyone who responded!) My mum is actually getting better about things - so there is hope. She still feels the same way, but I think she's better able to deal with those feelings now. She's asked that we keep her posted about what we're doing, and while she's still upset about it she is now able to talk about it in a less emotional way.

The only worry I have is that she's hoping that when we go out for 3 weeks at Easter I'll really hate it and change my mind! She keeps making comments along those lines, and I'm trying to get her to see that we really are going...

Her reaction to the visa was okay-ish... She said "Don't sound so excited", I pointed out I was happy about it, and she gave a few monosyllabic responses. She later msn messenger-ed (??) me to say that she was sorry but couldn't help being upset about it, even though she was expecting it and knew she should be happy for me. So I guess it's progress...

Will be there for the drinks in Brisbane!!!!

Sophie
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:52 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
Thank you! (And thanks to everyone who responded!) My mum is actually getting better about things - so there is hope. She still feels the same way, but I think she's better able to deal with those feelings now. She's asked that we keep her posted about what we're doing, and while she's still upset about it she is now able to talk about it in a less emotional way.

The only worry I have is that she's hoping that when we go out for 3 weeks at Easter I'll really hate it and change my mind! She keeps making comments along those lines, and I'm trying to get her to see that we really are going...

Her reaction to the visa was okay-ish... She said "Don't sound so excited", I pointed out I was happy about it, and she gave a few monosyllabic responses. She later msn messenger-ed (??) me to say that she was sorry but couldn't help being upset about it, even though she was expecting it and knew she should be happy for me. So I guess it's progress...

Will be there for the drinks in Brisbane!!!!

Sophie

Congratulations and good luck to you Sophie, I hope it is everything you want it to be over here.

Kala
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Congratulations and good luck to you Sophie, I hope it is everything you want it to be over here.

Kala
Thank you - I can't wait. Poor Aussie boyfriend is having to put up with me being hyperactive. For him not quite so exciting, as it's going home as opposed to a new country, but we're both looking forward to building a life somewhere, and out of this limbo!!!

Champagne tonight

Sophie
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:03 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
Thank you - I can't wait. Poor Aussie boyfriend is having to put up with me being hyperactive. For him not quite so exciting, as it's going home as opposed to a new country, but we're both looking forward to building a life somewhere, and out of this limbo!!!

Champagne tonight

Sophie

I know exactly what you mean, my hubby is Aussie and realy didn't get what I was so excited about, Have a great celebration and enjoy all the packing AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No doubt I have missed a post or 2 but where are you going to, and have you been there before???
Old Mar 5th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I know exactly what you mean, my hubby is Aussie and realy didn't get what I was so excited about, Have a great celebration and enjoy all the packing AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No doubt I have missed a post or 2 but where are you going to, and have you been there before???
Eurgh packing.... will think about that later!! We're off to Brisbane, which is where my boyfriend is from and where all his family are. I haven't been before but we're going for 3 weeks at Easter, coming back and packing (shudder) and then going again permanently!!!

Sophie