De Facto Spouse Question

Wikiposts

De Facto Spouse Question

Old May 21st 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Question De Facto Spouse Question

Hiya

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a question.

My partner is sponsoring me to go to Australia on a De Facto Spouse Visa, he's British and has his PR Visa because of his parents. I was wondering if he has to stay outside of Australia while my visa is being processed or if he could go over and start trying to set up for us? i.e. Live with his parents and get a job so we'll find it easier if my visa is granted.

Hope someone can help

Cat xXx
Old May 21st 2005, 8:43 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: De Facto Spouse Question

Im 99% sure that he can stay in australia....hes got his PR - why would he have to leave....
Old May 21st 2005, 8:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Hiya

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a question.

My partner is sponsoring me to go to Australia on a De Facto Spouse Visa, he's British and has his PR Visa because of his parents. I was wondering if he has to stay outside of Australia while my visa is being processed or if he could go over and start trying to set up for us? i.e. Live with his parents and get a job so we'll find it easier if my visa is granted.

Hope someone can help

Cat xXx
A PR sponsor is supposed to be usually resident in Australia. I presume you have been living together for a year as you are going for defacto status.
Old May 21st 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bondipom
A PR sponsor is supposed to be usually resident in Australia. I presume you have been living together for a year as you are going for defacto status.

Sorry didn't explain myself enough....

Maty (my Partner) has only validated his visa and so still lives in England. I also live in England with Maty. I want to know if he could go out to Australia and leave me here (as I don't have my visa yet) without breaking some kinda rule. According to the understanding I have of the Visa regulations we have to prove we live together and anytime we spend apart we have to prove we keep in touch... there seems to be no rule saying he can't live in Australia and me stay in England as long as we've got proof we still stay in touch.

I need to know if this would cause us problems?!
Old May 21st 2005, 9:08 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Sorry didn't explain myself enough....

Maty (my Partner) has only validated his visa and so still lives in England. I also live in England with Maty. I want to know if he could go out to Australia and leave me here (as I don't have my visa yet) without breaking some kinda rule. According to the understanding I have of the Visa regulations we have to prove we live together and anytime we spend apart we have to prove we keep in touch... there seems to be no rule saying he can't live in Australia and me stay in England as long as we've got proof we still stay in touch.

I need to know if this would cause us problems?!
Yes he can do that. If anything it would be harder for him to sponsor from the UK.