Reload this Page >

De-facto evidence problems

De-facto evidence problems

Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:51 am
Just Joined

John Anderton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De-facto evidence problems

I've got a query and a problem.

My evidence to prove that i've been with my girlfriend of 3 years is not enough.

I'm not suggesting that i'm about to do anything unethical, but how well are items of evidence scrutinised by the DIMIA? For example, bills and past correspondance etc.

I know its a pretty desperate situation but what choices do I have?

I'd appreciate any advice.

JA
Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:44 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: De-facto evidence problems

Originally posted by John Anderton

My evidence to prove that i've been with my girlfriend of 3 years is not enough.

I'm not suggesting that i'm about to do anything unethical, but how well are items of evidence scrutinised by the DIMIA? For example, bills and past correspondance etc.

JA
Haven't you got any old letters, pictures, or something with dates on? Anything ... no matter how insignificant it seems to you. Everything helps.

Do you and your girlfriend share the same doctor? Or do you know any professional that knows both you and your girlfriend have been living together for three years - if so, ask them to sign a letter that they will confirm that you have been together three years. - a witness to your relationship.

Have you asked the British embassies for help? - We've actually got a stamped letter from the Brit embassy confirming our relationship. We paid $20 for It I think. We got it from the Embassy in Sing at the time. Don't know if all embassies do this.

But probably the best idea would be to try and get a professional to sign some sort of letter confirming your relationship - a doctor, teacher, lawyer etc etc. get a few witnesses if need be - ask non professionals too. Type up a letter (s) and get the people who you know, who have been witness to your three year relationship to sign each one.

cheers
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you provide details of what evidence you did supply?
Old Jul 15th 2003, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

John Anderton is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically I supplied bills and correspondance from our current address which we've lived at since last november and too add to that numerous travel tickets, photos and statutory decleration. But we've been told that we need to prove that we lived at our previous address together to cover the last 12 months.

Although I lived with my girlfriend 24/7, I had my own property and my own set of bills etc. so consequently i wasn't on any of hers which is proving to be a problem now.

People have mentions electoral register and desntist, doctors etc but none of that will work either.

I am seriously considering coming up with some documents myself, which is not what I want to do. How thorough are the DIMIA on checking? does anybody know.

JA
Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:01 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Basically I supplied bills and correspondance from our current address which we've lived at since last november and too add to that numerous travel tickets, photos and statutory decleration. But we've been told that we need to prove that we lived at our previous address together to cover the last 12 months.

Although I lived with my girlfriend 24/7, I had my own property and my own set of bills etc. so consequently i wasn't on any of hers which is proving to be a problem now.

People have mentions electoral register and desntist, doctors etc but none of that will work either.

I am seriously considering coming up with some documents myself, which is not what I want to do. How thorough are the DIMIA on checking? does anybody know.

JA
Did you register anywhere whilst living at the old address with your girlfriend? For example did your work know you lived there, and are payslips addressed to that address? Or did your girlfirned claim a reduction on her council tax for sole occupancy of the property? If not then this could be proof that she did not live alone.

May be worth speaking to an immigration ocnsultant for advice.

Good luck

Mel
Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:29 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

JA
John

To prove our 10 year relationship we supplied the following, contained in a section, called 'History of our Relationship':

A one-pager about how/where we met and our dream of living in Oz (creep, creep).

Certified copies of old passport showing that we had travelled to the same places at the same time.

A photo 'album' with a picture for each year.

Lots of letters from friends/family (Oz & UK) confirming our characters with snippets about our relationship - ie 'I remember when Rob and Sarah met.' (We sent out an email outlining what we wanted them to write - lots of beers owed!)

Our first and most current joint account statements.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:32 pm
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Failing that. I'd suggest you get forging, lol
Old Jul 15th 2003, 10:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

How about statements from neighbours, or from people in positions of authority (like police officers, bank managers etc) who may be friends as well, to say that they know you lived together at that address as a couple?
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Have you thought about the credit reference agencies (e.g. Experian). If you ask for your credit file, there will be an association with anyone who lived at your current/former address (provided they notified a bank, financial institute, local authority(electoral role) or similar.

Worth a try

Kev