Reload this Page >

de facto evidence

de facto evidence

Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

rossandlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default de facto evidence

hi everyone

I am in the process of applying for an independent skilled migration visa.
Ive passed the skills assessment and i am trying to gather evidence for the de facto relationship part.
Although my girlfriend and i have been together 5 years and lived together for 2 years we don't seem to have much paperwork to prove it.
Just wondering if anyone can help or has been in the same situation and has any suggestions,
your advice would be appreciated.

Ross
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: de facto evidence

We sent pictures of us together from when we first started seeing each other until the most recent, the paper work we sent was very basic such things like joint bank accounts even when we joined the AA together we sent them the application form. We also got family and friends to do statuary declarations to state that we were in a long term relationship. Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Sorry just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:40 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossandlou
hi everyone

Ive passed the skills assessment and i am trying to gather evidence for the de facto relationship part.
Although my girlfriend and i have been together 5 years and lived together for 2 years we don't seem to have much paperwork to prove it.
Just wondering if anyone can help or has been in the same situation and has any suggestions,

Ross
We used joint bank account details, old utility bills, the fact that we had a mortgage together. We weren't allowed to use photos, it said so on the application but maybe thats changed now?

We also had statatory declarations written and signed in front of a solicitor, by friends that had known us for many years.

When hubby went for his interview they said the fact we had children together almost seals the deal for a spouse visa, the rest is just official paperwork.

Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Sharong has a brilliant futureSharong has a brilliant futureSharong has a brilliant futureSharong has a brilliant futureSharong has a brilliant futureSharong has a brilliant future

Hi Ross,
Currently living in Dubai, moving to Melbourne next year. Husband to be is Australian. As for de-facto, we have the same problem. Here, you don't tend to have joint bills. We are fortunate to be friendly with the Aus. Consul General so have a couple of bits of insight for you:

i. As someone else also advised you, photo's are good, especially if they show you together when your girlfriends/your hair are different styles, colors, lengths.

ii. Another thing is cards: Christmas cards, invitation cards (wedding, formal party/gathering) addressed to you both over, at least, the past year.

Hope this helps.

hi everyone

Ross
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

hi everyone

Ross
We sent pictures, letters from friends stating how long we've been together, joint bank details, seperate bank statements to proove at least we lived at the same address for a period of time, birthday cards from eachother, even valentine cards. It suprising how much stuff you can dig up hope all goes well
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:33 am
Coogee Rocks

you've posted this in the worng forum..If you go and have a look/search in the australia immigration forum below you will find loads of posts on evidence for de facto visas.

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

hi everyone

Ross
Hi Ross

I applied for my de facto last year and didn't have any joint bills/bank accounts with my aussie boyfriend. We submitted airline tickets and hotel bookings and pics to show that we had been together for the min of 2 yrs. We also then submitted bank statements and individual bills that showed it was the showed it was the same address. My boyfriend didn't have much document to show that he lived at the same address as me and I had loads - they seemed happy with that. We also got a letter from our landlord, who knew us both well, to confirm that he had lived there as he was not on the lease for a few months.

Best of luck with your application!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:02 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a couple of kids and sent their birth certificates.

But if you think that's a bit extreme, do a search on this site and the immigration one as there's a been loads on this.

Paul.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

This questions bugging me aswell - I will be someone who will be going over as resident & Girl friend will be going over as working holiday visa.

Will live together once in Oz, but at the moment we dont, we have holidays together & photos letters / email dating back past 6 months.

Is it if you are co habiting for 1 year & have joint bills & bank account that its classed as defacto? Or does it need to be 2 years?

From what I know working holiday is 1 year - has this been extended?
My residency looks like being ok so Id like us both to go over, Ill work & she can also do TEFL or work & see how we like it. After 1 year get info together & have her on my residency. Is this the way do you recon guys?

Cheers Marty
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

rossandlou is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone for your replies,

the information received is much appreciated, i feel alot happier now knowing the info i have will hopefully be good enough.
i have plenty of photo,s and we have written statements by ourselves and also from friends and family.
i have lots of paperwork to prove we both live at the same address but not much joint paperwork ,
I'm new to this forum lark and I'm impressed hopefully i can share my fountain of knowledge with others who get stuck!

cheers everyone

Ross
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Pictures, Xmas Cards, Birthday Cards..and statutory declarations from family and friends all help, especially if you havent got joint bills etc.

SS
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:31 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Lightbulb Re: de facto evidence

MLBonner posted a brilliant, comprehensive list some time back. See the relevant thread here.

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reminder... well worth a look
Lisa
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:44 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I'm confused, it definitely states 'No Photos' on the aaplication form.

This is due to the fact that photos dont prove how long some has been together, stands to reason you could have known the person in the photo for just two minutes!?

Utillity bills are what you want, not birthday cards or christmas cards, they dont have dates on, you could have written those today!!!!!!( )

If you haven't got utility bills then get your names on them, open joint accounts together and get good statatory declarations which have to be from friends and NOT family members (who will state your relationship has been on going for at least the amount of time the form stipulates) there is also special wording they must use. Its all on the application form .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.