Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight saving.....WA

Daylight saving.....WA

Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:18 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Daylight saving.....WA

I dont really keep up to date with the news, because quite honestly I dont really care if Nicole Kidman (our Nicole) has had her hair done, or one of the Wiggles has lost a sock, which is all our news progs seem to tell us about, so I may have missed this, but wasnt daylight savings supposed to start in WA on Dec 1st?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Daylight saving.....WA

Hi, it starts this Sunday at 2AM...not that I'm getting up to change the clock then ...Bindi
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:21 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I dont really keep up to date with the news, because quite honestly I dont really care if Nicole Kidman (our Nicole) has had her hair done, or one of the Wiggles has lost a sock, which is all our news progs seem to tell us about, so I may have missed this, but wasnt daylight savings supposed to start in WA on Dec 1st?
Yep wind you clocks forward one hour this sunday at 2 am
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

I think you will find this is Sunday 3rd.

There has been a lot of hype about the clocks going forward but not heard anything about when it goes back.

Debs
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
I think you will find this is Sunday 3rd.

There has been a lot of hype about the clocks going forward but not heard anything about when it goes back.

Debs
LOl
they will probably have a vote on that too

I overheard a conversation between two women in mandurah the other day - one was about late 60s the other about 50 (I could be wrong), the eldery woman was really sounding off about how much she hated the idea of daylight saving, god did she rant on about how she couldn't wait to vote no to daylight saving once more.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
The clocks go forward as already stated 2.00AM Sunday 3 Dec. TheY go back 24 March 07. It will be like this for 3 years when there will be a referendum. Lets keep it (hopefully
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
LOl
they will probably have a vote on that too

I overheard a conversation between two women in mandurah the other day - one was about late 60s the other about 50 (I could be wrong), the eldery woman was really sounding off about how much she hated the idea of daylight saving, god did she rant on about how she couldn't wait to vote no to daylight saving once more.
Have you notced that the majority of people who oppose DS are those who do not work or get up early & go to bed early, ie pensioners. With normal working people who would like to have some quality time when they get home, support for DS is almost unversal.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:00 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Have you notced that the majority of people who oppose DS are those who do not work or get up early & go to bed early, ie pensioners.
Fingers crossed they'll all be too old to remember why they didnt want it in 3 years time
Whats the "Snuff it" rate in WA, there seems to be a fair amount of people in there 50's and 60's a hell of a lot of teanagers/young adults (which sort of fits I guess) but I dont seem to see a huge amount of people in their late 60's 70's etc (unless they all look younger than they are)
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:31 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Fingers crossed they'll all be too old to remember why they didnt want it in 3 years time
Whats the "Snuff it" rate in WA, there seems to be a fair amount of people in there 50's and 60's a hell of a lot of teanagers/young adults (which sort of fits I guess) but I dont seem to see a huge amount of people in their late 60's 70's etc (unless they all look younger than they are)

try going to coles on a tuesday morning, place is full of them. :scared:

Lynn
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Dec 3rd to Mar 24th? That's not even 4 months - a rather short period of time, non?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:15 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
try going to coles on a tuesday morning, place is full of them. :scared:

Lynn
Some of us are at work then
I endure it at 5pm on a Thursday normally. its generally full of mums with ratty kids just out from school climbing over trollies and causing general mahem....
The best time I found was as soon as it open on a Saturday morning. It just clashes with beach time now its summer.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Have you notced that the majority of people who oppose DS are those who do not work or get up early & go to bed early, ie pensioners. With normal working people who would like to have some quality time when they get home, support for DS is almost unversal.
yep too true, I mean there is a lot talk about how kids aren't getting out and doing more exercise - surely they could spend more time outside playing/cycling etc even with parents once they have finished work - they'd have that extra "light time" to do more with the children. oh well some people just hate change I suppose.