Daylight hours

Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Daylight hours

Hi, could anyone tell me what parts of Oz have light evenings. I read somewhere that some parts go dark very quickly from about 6pm.

At the moment in the UK it's nice light evenings but I am just loathing the 4pm dark afternoons starting and want to pick somewhere that can be enjoyed in the evening as well
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight hours

Originally Posted by marvinc
Hi, could anyone tell me what parts of Oz have light evenings. I read somewhere that some parts go dark very quickly from about 6pm.

At the moment in the UK it's nice light evenings but I am just loathing the 4pm dark afternoons starting and want to pick somewhere that can be enjoyed in the evening as well
Found this website for queensland,hope it doesn't dampen your spirits !!!!
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...nomy.html?n=47
good luck with your choice bobby
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:19 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We were on the Gold Coast a few weeks ago and it got dark there around 6pm!!!!!! Don't think it's much later in the summertime...... C x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Best you would get is melbourne just after 8.30 in summer. But then you dont get the nice winters say qld would get when the temps are more what people are looking for, winter 20 - 25. Victorias one of the states with a bit of a fly problem tho (no where near as bad a adelaide or perth) but still bad enough to not really want to sit outside most evenings when its hot anyway. Swarms of flies chasing your mouth, ears, eyes, food does not exactly replicate a UK summer evening.

Think the reason the hotter states dont have daylight saving is just that, too hot, aussies say by late afternoon youve had enough heat, let it get dark, in summer thats around 7 pm, cant quite fathom that tho, because in summer evenings often stay in the high 20's anyway, I suppose that is cool compare to daytime but its still sticky.

Of course you have the bonus tho, its light at 4.30 am in summer nice for the family especially if you have a couple of hyper tweenies who get up with sunbreak
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:35 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

In the summer in Brisbane area it was still light enough to sit out about 8.30ish then quite a quick dusk happens a lot quicker than UK.

Just checked the link and def think they are setting it early as our child was out playing till about 8pm in the street in Dec/Jan.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
In the summer in Brisbane area it was still light enough to sit out about 8.30ish then quite a quick dusk happens a lot quicker than UK.

Just checked the link and def think they are setting it early as our child was out playing till about 8pm in the street in Dec/Jan.

No daylight saving in brisbane, latest sunset is just before 7 but in peak summer its still light about 7.10
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:39 pm
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of

I just wonder if you would ever get used to the fact that it would be dark, or nearly dark, when you get home from work every day. When do people mow the lawn, in the dark or at the crack of dawn ??

We're looking to move to Brisbane and this could be a worry.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Southgate
I just wonder if you would ever get used to the fact that it would be dark, or nearly dark, when you get home from work every day. When do people mow the lawn, in the dark or at the crack of dawn ??

You got it usually on sundays Not a lot of sleeping in here, unlesss you wear earmuffs
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Problem about mowing the grass will be partially solved if there's a water shortage. little water = little grass growth = little mowing !!! Hoorah
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:50 pm
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Problem about mowing the grass will be partially solved if there's a water shortage. little water = little grass growth = little mowing !!! Hoorah
Yeah, I suppose. But I read posts of people going to the beach after work. This is obviously not possible in Queensland for the best part of the year.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Victorias one of the states with a bit of a fly problem tho (no where near as bad a adelaide or perth) but still bad enough to not really want to sit outside most evenings when its hot anyway. Swarms of flies chasing your mouth, ears, eyes, food does not exactly replicate a UK summer evening.

Think the reason the hotter states dont have daylight saving is just that, too hot, aussies say by late afternoon youve had enough heat, let it get dark, in summer thats around 7 pm, cant quite fathom that tho, because in summer evenings often stay in the high 20's anyway, I suppose that is cool compare to daytime but its still sticky.
Flies aren't a problem everywhere in Vic. In Geelong, in the evening, you just had to be aware of mozzies.

Dusk - can be about 8.30 in summer, final sunset at 9pm (Geelong).

Tasmania would have even longer summer days, but shorter days in winter.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

We haven't lived through a summer here yet (QLD) but what I have really liked is about the winter is that it has always been light (and usually sunny ) when I get up in the mornings at 6.30am for work. When I get home (about 5.30) it is only just getting dark. There is none of the getting up in the dark, getting home in the dark that you had in the winter in the UK
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:23 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Just bear in mind that the further South you go - in summer - the longer the daylight hours are. So at the South pole it's daylight all round the clock. It follows that nearer the equator in round terms it gets more like 12 -12 hrs.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You can always create your own "daylight saving" by getting up an hour earlier in the morning.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Tasmania is fairly similiar to the Uk. They have what is called "twilight" and during Summer, it's daylight up until about 9.30 ish, maybe a bit later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.