Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

That day has come!

That day has come!

Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default That day has come!

Just got back from Heathrow after dropping the OH off for his flight to Sydney. What an emotoinal few weeks it has been and today was the big one when My OH and my boys daddy went on ahead off us to start our new life. We hope to follow in about 6 weeks or so But that didnt stop the tears from flowing at departures! Goodbyes are hideous and i guess i have plenty more to come! Got back to my mums and our boys were tucked up asleep and there was an extra large glass of vino waiting, Looking forward to a bit of TLC at mum's now! I feel emotional drained tonight and questioned myself as to what the bloody hell are we doing! Onwards and upwards as the OH says. Good luck to anyone in the same position as us or anyone about to fly off to satrt a new life. Off to bed now!
Emma x
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:37 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: That day has come!

It is really tough but grit your teeth love, you'll get there!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all
but like squeezzii says you will get there
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It is very hard saying all the goodbyes, packing up etc but the 6 weeks will fly by & you will be joining your OH, who hopefully will have everything organised this side for your arrival!
Best wishes
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. He has just landed in Singapore, Almost ther and your right the time will fly!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:22 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Emotional times, huh. But stick it out - it won't be long before you're all together in Sydney. Good luck Emma
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side, six weeks of chick flicks and choccy with your mum. And good luck with your move.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emma75
Just got back from Heathrow after dropping the OH off for his flight to Sydney. What an emotoinal few weeks it has been and today was the big one when My OH and my boys daddy went on ahead off us to start our new life. We hope to follow in about 6 weeks or so But that didnt stop the tears from flowing at departures! Goodbyes are hideous and i guess i have plenty more to come! Got back to my mums and our boys were tucked up asleep and there was an extra large glass of vino waiting, Looking forward to a bit of TLC at mum's now! I feel emotional drained tonight and questioned myself as to what the bloody hell are we doing! Onwards and upwards as the OH says. Good luck to anyone in the same position as us or anyone about to fly off to satrt a new life. Off to bed now!
Emma x
When I read your post, it made my eyes a bit watery cause I imagined it all. It's tough, very. We were thinking about doing the same thing recently (I go first) but decided to go all together...

BUT, you can do it! Time flies!!!! It will pass so quickly, keep strong, soon you'll be all together on your new amazing adventure

Good luck guys and wish ye all the best

Cheers
B!k3R
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:21 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Six weeks will FLY by! Once you get over the initial teariness and start cracking on with the packing etc you'll soon find yourself back at Heathrow and on your way. I know the feeling, i moved to London and left the husband in Scotland and it was 18 months before we were living together again. And hopefully your OH will have sorted out a lot of stuff before you arrive so that's a bonus!!

Good luck!

Tx
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Emma x
I can really relate to what you are saying as your circumstances sound so similar to ours. We sold our house recently and are about to move in to a temporary rental for a little while whilst we sort a few things out.

But come January my wife (who is Australian) and my 3 year old son are going to fly out to Sydney. I will be following 6 weeks later We can't go at the same time because of my work, plus she wants to get over there and start work, find somewhere to live and get my son back in a nursery.

Dreading it, but we have both agreed that we will all book our air tickets together so we at least know when exactly we will be reunited

GOOD LUCK anyway, I have been following your story this last month or so as I could relate to so much of it
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Awwww - best wishes Emma!! Time to enjoy all the spoiling from your mum and hey, don't forget you have the reconciliation to look forward to ..... absence and all that
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulry
Emotional times, huh. But stick it out - it won't be long before you're all together in Sydney. Good luck Emma
Thanks Paulry.

Originally Posted by Kim67
Look on the bright side, six weeks of chick flicks and choccy with your mum. And good luck with your move.
Exactly! My mum is really spoiling me, bless her!

Originally Posted by B1K3R
When I read your post, it made my eyes a bit watery cause I imagined it all. It's tough, very. We were thinking about doing the same thing recently (I go first) but decided to go all together...

BUT, you can do it! Time flies!!!! It will pass so quickly, keep strong, soon you'll be all together on your new amazing adventure

Good luck guys and wish ye all the best

Cheers
B!k3R
We had no choice, OH starts work monday and as the house didnt sell in time i had to stay behind with our two boys. Praying we can exchange in the next two weeks and i can book our flights. Thanks B!K3R, and yes my eyes are all watery today too, feeling so deflated.

Originally Posted by RedT
Six weeks will FLY by! Once you get over the initial teariness and start cracking on with the packing etc you'll soon find yourself back at Heathrow and on your way. I know the feeling, i moved to London and left the husband in Scotland and it was 18 months before we were living together again. And hopefully your OH will have sorted out a lot of stuff before you arrive so that's a bonus!!

Good luck!

Tx
Yes he had better had sorted everything out for our arrival! Just got to exchange now or we wont be going anywhere!
Emma

Originally Posted by Jon77
I can really relate to what you are saying as your circumstances sound so similar to ours. We sold our house recently and are about to move in to a temporary rental for a little while whilst we sort a few things out.

But come January my wife (who is Australian) and my 3 year old son are going to fly out to Sydney. I will be following 6 weeks later We can't go at the same time because of my work, plus she wants to get over there and start work, find somewhere to live and get my son back in a nursery.

Dreading it, but we have both agreed that we will all book our air tickets together so we at least know when exactly we will be reunited

GOOD LUCK anyway, I have been following your story this last month or so as I could relate to so much of it

Thanks Jon77. I kept thinking i would be fine, but the last week i have done nothing but cry. Its also the not knowing when i will definatly get out there as still waiting to exchange. Got to be positive now and hope all goes well so we can be a family once again! I am officially the worlds worst flyer as well so have that to look forward to with two little ones!

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Awwww - best wishes Emma!! Time to enjoy all the spoiling from your mum and hey, don't forget you have the reconciliation to look forward to ..... absence and all that
Shes doing a great job already! lots of retail therapy at M and S this morning! Hows things with you?
Emma x

Last edited by emma75; Aug 26th 2010 at 1:31 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

know how you feel, we're in the same position, OH already in Melbourne, went in July, I'm not going till November.

I found the 1st four wks flew by, but does seem to be draging now...but got the shippers to look forward to next week, both families helping out, as i need to work.

House not sold, only 2 views in 3months, so looking at renting it out.
Will get to see OH in 5wks tho, as we have a holiday to Florida already booked before the job came up in Oz.I will defo be looking forward to a bed by then, as from next Friday I'll be on an airbed with borrowed bedding.

Goodluck to you, hope you get the exchange and you get to sydney soon.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Emma x
Oh no, poor you! Bet that was dreadful But thinking positively it's the start of your adventures I'm sure the time will soon fly by with all the packing and cleaning Exciting times ahead for you all
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:59 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

Good luck, I too will be flying off ahead of my wife and daughter and Im not looking forward to it one bit. Similar situation as I also need to start work and my wife has some things to wind up before she can join me. Keep yourself busy and be strong for your lads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.