Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daughter's continued hairdressing training?

Daughter's continued hairdressing training?

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Question Daughter's continued hairdressing training?

Could anybody kindly out there give me some advice. We are hopefully moving to Perth in Oct/Nov with 3 teenagers. Two are still in school but eldest daughter is at the moment training in Level 2 Hairdressing based in a Liverpool City Centre Salon - does one day a week college.

She is panicking as to how she will carry her training on in Perth.

Am I right is it TAFFE she will have to apply to.

Don't think her salon is international so could not just swap.

Thanks a worried mum!

Nikki
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daughter's continued hairdressing training?

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Could anybody kindly out there give me some advice. We are hopefully moving to Perth in Oct/Nov with 3 teenagers. Two are still in school but eldest daughter is at the moment training in Level 2 Hairdressing based in a Liverpool City Centre Salon - does one day a week college.

Thanks a worried mum!

Nikki

Probably TAFE. However I've no idea about specifics.

Make sure your daughter (if she's turned 18) is still going to be regarded as 'dependent'. Get professional advice if necessary - dependency is assessed as of date of *decision* not application and age is looked at as of that date.

Jeremy
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks a worried mum!

Nikki
Hi my friends daughter in Perth had to find an apprentistship - her own salon & job before starting.It might be worth contcting some Perth salons ( google search) to find out more.
Dolly
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Thanks a worried mum!

Nikki
Hi Nikki,
We are also going to Perth in July. We are in Liverpool and our 17 year old daughter is doing hairdressing also. We haven't looked into it any further yet but maybe I can email you once we're there and let you know what she has to do. You could PM me your email address.
Tracey
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: Daughter's continued hairdressing training?

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi Nikki,
We are also going to Perth in July. We are in Liverpool and our 17 year old daughter is doing hairdressing also. We haven't looked into it any further yet but maybe I can email you once we're there and let you know what she has to do. You could PM me your email address.
Tracey
Tracey and Peter you don't know how nice it is to hear from fellow Liverpool folk with so much in common. I will PM you my email if I can remember how to.

We are hoping to go to Ashfield - Perth, that's where Peter's brother lives. We went over in 2003 and loved it, right n the edge of the river.

Our two other horrorbags are still at school, but eldest is a concern to us. She is settled in her training in a salon one day in college - loves it, just don't want her to get over and it all be a waste.

Did you have any problem with DIMIA with daughter being close to 18? Really worried our's is 18 August.

Nikki and Peter
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey and Peter you don't know how nice it is to hear from fellow Liverpool folk with so much in common. I will PM you my email if I can remember how to.

We are hoping to go to Ashfield - Perth, that's where Peter's brother lives. We went over in 2003 and loved it, right n the edge of the river.

Our two other horrorbags are still at school, but eldest is a concern to us. She is settled in her training in a salon one day in college - loves it, just don't want her to get over and it all be a waste.

Did you have any problem with DIMIA with daughter being close to 18? Really worried our's is 18 August.

Nikki and Peter

I think you should accept your application is now in the 'not simple' category and hire a good migration agent if you've not done so already.

Jeremy