Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daughter lands the first job

Daughter lands the first job

Old Dec 1st 2003, 1:21 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daughter lands the first job

We arrived here only a couple of weeks ago and while Deb's and myself have been running around sorting out the necessary tax file numbers, driving tests, trade licences, bank accounts, school for our younger son and all the other things that crop up during the first few weeks our daughter spent her time visiting as many hairdressing salons as she could find and leaving them copies of her C.V.
After a couple of unsuccessful days she'd become quite despondant and we'd almost given up until a visit to a local agency to ask about registering myself as a brickie/tiler. No joy for me but Amy our 17yr old walked away with an inteview an hour later and started the next day at a local salon. Tafe have looked at her U.K quals and deemed her as a level 3 student so she's walking around looking like the cat that got the cream.
First payday was on Saturday and she now refers to us as her "unemployed parents" milking it for all it's worth grrrrrrrrr can't wait until my bloody trade licence gets here. I'm about ready to go back to work just for a break from all the fishing.
Sean
PS missing the spell checker heaps
Old Dec 1st 2003, 6:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Amy!! Bet she's over the moon! bet shes also driving you nuts with her precious earnings.....
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:02 am
earlswood

Hi Sean and Debs!!

Well done Amy
I'll need me barnet doin' when we get to Brissie, book me in for a trim when we pop up with Matt!!

Have fun!!

Anita and Chris x

Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:07 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by earlswood
Hi Sean and Debs!!

Well done Amy
I'll need me barnet doin' when we get to Brissie, book me in for a trim when we pop up with Matt!!

Have fun!!

Anita and Chris x
Nice one Amy, Glad to hear your settling in well, great to hear from ya, even if it is a post of jealousy..heehee

Good Luck from rainy old Grimsby ..Yuck roll on dec 27th Wanaka here i come
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:55 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Daughter lands the first job

Hoya sean & debs,

Good luck with the job hunting & congratulations Amy.

Give it a little time and I'm sure it will come good.
Is it possible to sort out / apply for the trade liscence before you emmigrate for all those who follow you?

Keep on fishing, if nothing else at least you won't starve
Did you have to get a liscence?

Bye
and good luck
Markeh
Old Dec 1st 2003, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Did your daughter `do` any schooling over there, or did she go straight into job hunting.
The reason i ask, is that I have a son who will be 17 when we arrive in Perth.
He has left school here, but attends college.
He is unsure as to what he wants to do in the long term, but has made it quite clear that he doesnt want to return to school, but will want to look for work.
With no referances I feel slightly concerned
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that your daugther has been successful getting a job. Must make life easier in your householder having a happy teen.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:18 pm
WBB

you could always tell her to pay the mortgage/bills as she is the main breadwinner at the moment.

good luck with your job hunting.

Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:56 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Amy, I guess the chrimbo pressies are on you. You could buy your dad a dictionary. LOL.

Take care
Sarah
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:50 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Good for her! Now show her a stack of bills and say, "The breadwinner has to pay them!"

Steve.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Excellent news, I am sure she can show those Aussies what a good haircut is- or does she have to re-train to learn the Mullet?!

You must be proud of her.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default bad news on the job front

Well after a couple of weeks in her new job Amy is now unemployed again . Nothing she'd done just an unlucky turn of events at the salon which has left her feeling very low.
After a hard day at the salon her boss decided to close up shop an hour early and surprise her fiance, she certainly did that as he was in bed with her best friend. As he owned the salon it's now closed and the wedding is off. Who says that life here is nothing like "Neighbours", still at least we can now sail up the bay for Christmas.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bad news on the job front

Originally posted by cresta57
Well after a couple of weeks in her new job Amy is now unemployed again . Nothing she'd done just an unlucky turn of events at the salon which has left her feeling very low.
After a hard day at the salon her boss decided to close up shop an hour early and surprise her fiance, she certainly did that as he was in bed with her best friend. As he owned the salon it's now closed and the wedding is off. Who says that life here is nothing like "Neighbours", still at least we can now sail up the bay for Christmas.
Mrs BP got hold of some BBC drama called "Cutting It". Lots of hairdressers shagging each others best mates partners seemed to be the predominant story line.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:58 am

Originally posted by bondipom
Mrs BP got hold of some BBC drama called "Cutting It". Lots of hairdressers shagging each others best mates partners seemed to be the predominant story line.
If that was me it would have been called "cutting it OFF"
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cresta57
If that was me it would have been called "cutting it OFF"
I think arson and business ruining were the tactics of revenge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.