Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Date for next Pompey meet?

Date for next Pompey meet?

Old May 6th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Date for next Pompey meet?

Hiya Guys
Still haven't got around to organising the next Pompey meet, so if anyone's interested, can you post up when you're availiable (end may/beginning of June) and we'll arrange a meet for the whole family!
Ta
Larissa
Old May 6th 2004, 8:17 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Date for next Pompey meet?

Originally posted by Larissa
Hiya Guys
Still haven't got around to organising the next Pompey meet, so if anyone's interested, can you post up when you're availiable (end may/beginning of June) and we'll arrange a meet for the whole family!
Ta
Larissa
Hi there Larissa, early June would be great, we may have all had some news by then (fingers crossed).

Anyone else?

Lisa x
Old May 6th 2004, 9:18 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

We're good for some time in June. What about meeting at the sovereign again?? It was good there....at least the kids were entertained!!!! Mine had a great time!!!
Old May 7th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, how about Saturday June 12th? (Petra and I are both at weddings on the 5th)
I was wondering about a different venue, mainly because we have to keep checking on the kids in the wacky warehouse & it would be better to be able to see what they're up to? Anyone got any ideas? I noticed that the Green Post has got a nice new beer garden, with play equipment, but I haven't been there yet. Any ideas?
Larissa
Old May 7th 2004, 7:07 am
Soon to be Visas holders

OK, how about Saturday June 12th? (Petra and I are both at weddings on the 5th)
I was wondering about a different venue, mainly because we have to keep checking on the kids in the wacky warehouse & it would be better to be able to see what they're up to? Anyone got any ideas? I noticed that the Green Post has got a nice new beer garden, with play equipment, but I haven't been there yet. Any ideas?
Larissa
Sounds good to me but we may be snookered if it rains, also I believe they watch the football in there so it may get very busy on a Saturday.

Lisa
Old May 7th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Ta Lisa, any other ideas? We could always fall back on the Sovereigns if we can't come up with something else.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:22 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

What about the Farmhouse?
Kids can play out and in, best of both worlds.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Larissa,

Count me in for that date..............anywhere but the farmhouse. My elder son worked there for a year last year and the bitch known as EMMA wa a nasty cow to him, she bullied him, refused his breaks, called him a baby when his dad picked him up at 10.30 at night. to name but a few
I couldnt promise not to smack her straight in the mouth if I was to see her and we dont want that do we!!!!!!

Sandra
xxxxxx
Old May 7th 2004, 9:56 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield

I couldnt promise not to smack her straight in the mouth if I was to see her and we dont want that do we!!!!!!

Sandra
xxxxxx
Go Sandra....go Sandra...
Old May 7th 2004, 9:59 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Hi Larissa,

Count me in for that date..............anywhere but the farmhouse. My elder son worked there for a year last year and the bitch known as EMMA wa a nasty cow to him, she bullied him, refused his breaks, called him a baby when his dad picked him up at 10.30 at night. to name but a few

Sandra
xxxxxx

In midlands, but MAKE IT the farmhouse i luv a good bitch-fight < no slur intended
Old May 7th 2004, 10:11 am
....is FAB

As I'm not used to propping up bars regularly (lack of cash and too many anklebiters) then I'm a little short of ideas. The only places I can come up with are:

1. The Sovereigns - Was good there last time but as Larissa said, for those peeps with littlies it can get more than tiresome having to keep checking on them. (I'm all for big hamster wheels myself )

2. The Farmhouse - Don't hit me Sandra!!

3. The Good Companion - Not sure what this place is like but I do know it has a childrens play area.

4. The Clarence - this has a charlie chalks - again I don't know what its like to eat/drink there as I've only ever been passing through throwing kids out or picking them up (if I'm feeling nice)

5. The Compass Rose - (anchorage park) This place has an outdoor play area and would be fab for me 'cos I could get totally smashed and I won't have far to stagger home!!!

So there you go...there's my two penneth!!!!

Petra
Old May 7th 2004, 12:29 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

Originally posted by artep
As I'm not used to propping up bars regularly (lack of cash and too many anklebiters) then I'm a little short of ideas. The only places I can come up with are:

1. The Sovereigns - Was good there last time but as Larissa said, for those peeps with littlies it can get more than tiresome having to keep checking on them. (I'm all for big hamster wheels myself )

2. The Farmhouse - Don't hit me Sandra!!

3. The Good Companion - Not sure what this place is like but I do know it has a childrens play area.

4. The Clarence - this has a charlie chalks - again I don't know what its like to eat/drink there as I've only ever been passing through throwing kids out or picking them up (if I'm feeling nice)

5. The Compass Rose - (anchorage park) This place has an outdoor play area and would be fab for me 'cos I could get totally smashed and I won't have far to stagger home!!!

So there you go...there's my two penneth!!!!

Petra
Umm I reckon the Farmhouse could be entertaining!

Failing that I like the idea of the Compass Rose, or the Green Posts, as long as the weather perks up! Charlie Chalks in Southsea has a time limit and the children have to wear these huge tabards so I dont know if we would get away with sending them back in hour after hour like we did last time. LOL

Anymore suggestions?

Lisa x
Old May 7th 2004, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Lisa!
I was thinking of a place on The Hard, opposite that ship thingermergig..ohn the corner. It has a child's play area near the tables etc. and they don't pay to go in. It is quite small though. Will try to remember the name or even drive past sometime.
Charlie Chalks in Soufsea gets really busy... this place is more laid back.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:35 pm
....is FAB

Hiya Lisa!
I was thinking of a place on The Hard, opposite that ship thingermergig..ohn the corner. It has a child's play area near the tables etc. and they don't pay to go in. It is quite small though. Will try to remember the name or even drive past sometime.
Charlie Chalks in Soufsea gets really busy... this place is more laid back.
Can't think which pub you mean Larissa Mind you its a while since I've been down there. The 'Green Post' pub....where's that one?
Old May 7th 2004, 12:40 pm
....is FAB

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Charlie Chalks in Southsea has a time limit and the children have to wear these huge tabards
I can't see Darryl being thrilled at wearing one of them!!! What a dilemma for him....he'd be desperate to go in and play but couldn't bear the humilliation of a tabard!! .........Actually lets def choose there I wanna witness the torture!!!

What a mother I am.....hehehehehe (evil cackle)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.