Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Darwin - day tours to NPs

Darwin - day tours to NPs

Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough
Default Darwin - day tours to NPs

Hi, I'm going to be in Darwin for the Easter long weekend and was looking for some advice on nature/wildlife type day tours that don't require a lot of walking - I'm having an operation on my foot in a week so will probably still be hobbling around!
I would love to see Litchfield NP but the tours all seem to involve a lot of walking/swimming. I was thinking maybe a river or wetlands type cruise.
Any suggestions very welcome!
(PS I know it will be near the end of the wet season so am expecting it to be hot, humid and wet).
Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Darwin - day tours to NPs

Originally Posted by buzz
Hi, I'm going to be in Darwin for the Easter long weekend and was looking for some advice on nature/wildlife type day tours that don't require a lot of walking - I'm having an operation on my foot in a week so will probably still be hobbling around!
I would love to see Litchfield NP but the tours all seem to involve a lot of walking/swimming. I was thinking maybe a river or wetlands type cruise.
Any suggestions very welcome!
(PS I know it will be near the end of the wet season so am expecting it to be hot, humid and wet).
We were there last Easter and yes it is nice and hot and humid lol Visited Lichfield ourselves one day but rather than use the tours on offer we hired a car which probably worked out cheaper and better in the long run as we went visiting these guys on the way back from Lichfield to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak we only got out of the car a few times and there really wasn't much need to do a lot of walking to see water holes termite nests etc

Jumping Crocodile Cruises | Home
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we went a few years ago and did an organised day tour. Yes more expensive but invaluable because we had a real crocodile Dundee type tour guide full of invaluable information,who took us out to Litchfield, went to swimming holes, visited the termite mounds and got on this small boat on the Adelaide river to see the crocs. Ending with a seafood sundowner. It was the most tiring but amazing day trip I've ever done.
There would be no way we could have done all that on our own.

A few days later we hired a car to go back to Litchfield, went back to the swimming holes plus stopped at Katherine's school of the air. But our naivety got the better of us as didn't realise that the school closed for tours pretty early.

the tour was actually one of the best trips I've ever done.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

Thanks both for your replies.
Turns out a lot of the tours don't start operating until May, but I've booked on one to Katherine Gorge, so hopefully that should be good.
In any case looking forward to seeing somewhere new