darbyandjoan

Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

darbyandjoan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question darbyandjoan

About to apply for 143. Has anyone got info on how long it might take to be granted. Also need any advice on moving out and what to take in the way of furniture etc. It all seems very daunting just now.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: darbyandjoan

I hadnt heard of a 143 so googled it. (shocked)

This Visa costs over $40,000 doesnt it, Are you aware of the cost?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

darbyandjoan is an unknown quantity at this point

yes thanks want to get out to enjoy grandson
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Another Google says they can take 18-24 months to get sorted as there are limited numbers of them available.

With regards to furniture. It could cost 2,3 or 4 thousand to ship everything. So does the furniture out weight the cost of replacement? Thats the way Im looking at it. Furniture can be costly in Aus, but can also be found reasonably if shopping around. I guess its more what you want to do..

I hadnt seen this Visa as I thought my parents were stuffed as the retirement one needs a bond of $750,000 paying! This could be a possible route for them to join me eventually!!

Good luck!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Or you are also allowed to visit as a tourist for 6 months out of every calander year! Thats what my parents are going to do first of all..
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darbyandjoan
About to apply for 143. Has anyone got info on how long it might take to be granted. Also need any advice on moving out and what to take in the way of furniture etc. It all seems very daunting just now.
It takes about 18 months, possibly too soon to worry about furniture but most on BE would recommend shipping everything you can fit in. It will be more expensive to replace than ship, containers are more like 4 or 5k I think.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by darbyandjoan
Hi
There is a CPV thread on this forum. You could post any relevant queries on there. Also have a look here
http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

This will give you a realistic idea of how long the 143 is taking to process.
With regard to shipping it depends whether you are going to have to store your stuff at the other end as well. We wish we had brought more, but then had to put our stuff in storage here for 6 months so it would have cost us a lot more.

I have also sent you a Private Message