Reload this Page >

damn and blast sods law strikes

damn and blast sods law strikes

Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

tootated is an unknown quantity at this point
Default damn and blast sods law strikes

Hi,

As andy has a Bsc not a Beng he does not come under the category of professional engineer 2124 (needed for stni) he is considered an civil engineer technologist (2128) which is not needed under stni.

So the last thing left to us is to try and bribe my aunty to sponsor us. If that doesn't work it may mean somehow trying to get andy retrained for stni

Which will be difficult, or i go to university train in something and we apply under me as andy is 38 this year whereas i am 30.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

Erica off for a
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: damn and blast sods law strikes

Hi Erica
Out of interest, how did you find out that his degree would only get him an engineering technologist assessment?

If he has professional engineering work experience, then maybe the state people will sponsor him anyway even with an engineering technologist nominated occupation - have you asked the question?

Will another state sponsor for STNI?

The Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) process with IEAUST may give an alternative, but I'd only go for this if you're absolutely sure you have to get nominated occupation in the 2124 range for STNI rather than 2128.

I would also ask (but don't know) whether you may have problems with a Sydney Accord application if IEAUST refused a CDR based professional engineer assessment application.

I suggest you ask the question again on the immigration forum, as you should get more views there. Hiring a good agent might also be an idea.

Sponsorship would be the easier option if STNI doesn't work out.

Jeremy

Originally posted by tootated
Hi,

As andy has a Bsc not a Beng he does not come under the category of professional engineer 2124 (needed for stni) he is considered an civil engineer technologist (2128) which is not needed under stni.

So the last thing left to us is to try and bribe my aunty to sponsor us. If that doesn't work it may mean somehow trying to get andy retrained for stni

Which will be difficult, or i go to university train in something and we apply under me as andy is 38 this year whereas i am 30.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

Erica off for a
Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

tootated is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: damn and blast sods law strikes

Hi JAj,

The civil engineering council told andy that due to his Bsc Civil engineer he would come under the sydney accord not the washington. Then on iaust's website they say that the washington accord is for 'professional' civil engineers with a 4 year degree, but that is i suppose the australian version and that civil engineer technologist if for 3 year degrees.

We are still going to try for stni as his work for the last 3 years ( he was a mature student)
has been civil/site engineer.
Thanks
Erica

Originally posted by JAJ
Hi Erica
Out of interest, how did you find out that his degree would only get him an engineering technologist assessment?

If he has professional engineering work experience, then maybe the state people will sponsor him anyway even with an engineering technologist nominated occupation - have you asked the question?

Will another state sponsor for STNI?

The Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) process with IEAUST may give an alternative, but I'd only go for this if you're absolutely sure you have to get nominated occupation in the 2124 range for STNI rather than 2128.

I would also ask (but don't know) whether you may have problems with a Sydney Accord application if IEAUST refused a CDR based professional engineer assessment application.

I suggest you ask the question again on the immigration forum, as you should get more views there. Hiring a good agent might also be an idea.

Sponsorship would be the easier option if STNI doesn't work out.

Jeremy