Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a daft question about shipping and insurance...

a daft question about shipping and insurance...

Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
yeah but cows dont get hung up to dry in the house... ... and they smell for other reasons too.
Don't they? I must be doing something wrong

I've never understood how you can travel any distance on a bike in the rain - how do you see where you're going?!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:00 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Don't they? I must be doing something wrong

I've never understood how you can travel any distance on a bike in the rain - how do you see where you're going?!

they call it using the fingers.....

it's not so bad riding in hard rain, it's when you have to ride in drizzle. The water doesn't run down the visor as easy when it's drizzle. so you use your finger to wipe the water drops in to each other which makes them run.... or you can just wipe the lot off with your hand but you can't see bugger all for a few seconds then.

.... or the real alternative is to ride faster.

it isn't a major problem until the water gets down to boxer short level then it all gets a bit... erm.. damp. (and cold!)
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:03 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

they call it using the fingers.....

it's not so bad riding in hard rain, it's when you have to ride in drizzle. The water doesn't run down the visor as easy when it's drizzle. so you use your finger to wipe the water drops in to each other which makes them run.... or you can just wipe the lot off with your hand but you can't see bugger all for a few seconds then.

.... or the real alternative is to ride faster.

it isn't a major problem until the water gets down to boxer short level then it all gets a bit... erm.. damp. (and cold!)

Ahhhh...techincal business then! Bit like riding a bicycle in the rain, which I do a lot. No, damp backside is not a happy thing.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:09 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

...this is why when it's raining it pays to have a car. Keeps the backside from getting damp.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

...this is why when it's raining it pays to have a car. Keeps the backside from getting damp.

Not in my car it doesn't Leaky window remember!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:16 pm
life begins again...

Not in my car it doesn't Leaky window remember!

lol,... oh yeah! well i'm sure it wasn't as bad as cycling down from bradford.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

lol,... oh yeah! well i'm sure it wasn't as bad as cycling down from bradford.
Blimey! Not that fit! Have trouble making it across town here. And those winds on the high bits of the A1 (well, high for a Cambridge lass)....I'd have been in a ditch in a second!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:21 pm
life begins again...

Blimey! Not that fit! Have trouble making it across town here. And those winds on the high bits of the A1 (well, high for a Cambridge lass)....I'd have been in a ditch in a second!
well you do better than me, i'm only good on two wheels if there's an engine involved... hmm i must try that one day. bike without engine. interesting.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

well you do better than me, i'm only good on two wheels if there's an engine involved... hmm i must try that one day. bike without engine. interesting.

Well, when I'm sitting on my bicycle in the rain, straining my calf muscles to get going each time a light turns red, I often wish for an engine.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:28 pm
life begins again...

Well, when I'm sitting on my bicycle in the rain, straining my calf muscles to get going each time a light turns red, I often wish for an engine.
yeah it's a bit like the times when i've ran out of petrol and i'm trying to push a 300kg bike to the nearly juice dispenser.... i often wish i didn't have an engine.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:29 pm
She's a bird, you know

yeah it's a bit like the times when i've ran out of petrol and i'm trying to push a 300kg bike to the nearly juice dispenser.... i often wish i didn't have an engine.

Never bloody happy are we???!!! My bicycle is ancient. Probably weighs near to 300kg itself....
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:39 pm
life begins again...

we must learn to just accept it all and get on with the job... then again if we did we wouldn't be moving so far for the greener grass (but not the cheaper kind)

it sounds like a bike my dad built for me when i was at school, we didn't have much money back then. It was a hybrid of part moped and part tractor, but with pedals. It was one of those bikes that younger kids you to run away screaming from, she was evil! A bit like christine's younger sister, the mutant who's always been kept chained up in the garage basement.

ok maybe i went a bit far with that.... you get the idea though.

anyway lass. i shall have to say good evening, and thank you for this little chat. I need to go and make my usual burnt offering to the kitchen gods.

talk to ya soon.

x
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I need to go and make my usual burnt offering to the kitchen gods.
x
crikey, arent Donnie fire brigade onto you yet??
suppose its chicken and gravy and something? hehe..........

dont forget Kirsty is on in half an hour too.................

sue
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:42 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Scutter!

Just to get back to your original question... we're also using PSS and phoned them up saying we don't have an address to give them yet. They said we could give the address of where we'll be staying and when we arrive we'll ring them to give them our Oz phone number. When we have found a rental we'll give them the new address and they will deliver the furniture when it's cleared.

BTW what bike have you got? Will you be taking it with you?
Bye for now,
Sunchaser
6 weeks, 1 day to go.....
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:10 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
crikey, arent Donnie fire brigade onto you yet??
suppose its chicken and gravy and something? hehe..........

dont forget Kirsty is on in half an hour too.................

sue

WHy do you think i'm having to leave donneh? infact i chickened out.. cluck cluck and made tuna and lettice instead. no heat sources required for that.

kirtsy was a repeat, but still worth watching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.