Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

daft question???????

daft question???????

Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:33 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default daft question???????

can u take plastic knives, forks n spoons in ure suitcases - the ones which match our lovely dinner service.....(picnic set)??????

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: daft question???????

Originally posted by Boomie
can u take plastic knives, forks n spoons in ure suitcases - the ones which match our lovely dinner service.....(picnic set)??????

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Don't see why not.

Best wishes

G
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
I wouldn't have thought there was a problem with stuff like that in your suitcase Hand luggage might be a problem ......
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Yep, that wouldn't be a problem. you could take metal knives, forks n spoons in your suitcase if you so wished, just so long as they are not on board the aircraft.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:53 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Hi Boomie

You'll be fine as long as the plastic is not of the explosive kind(semtex)!!

Beware sniffer dogs at the airport!!
:scared:

Walla
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:35 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lisa,
You can take them no problem at all. Deb took her set of kitchen knifes and josh had snuck his bike lock and chain into the side pocket along with some painted stick things from Fiji it looked like a whip on the x-ray machine and the guy's looked at Deb and said "are you a circus act or just plain kinky" then tutting said to his mate "we got it all here mate whips knifes and chains"
Deb's face was a picture and Josh was not the most popular kid around

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:48 pm
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Boomie

You'll be fine as long as the plastic is not of the explosive kind(semtex)!!

Beware sniffer dogs at the airport!!

Walla
Don't want to split hairs but semtex is odourless.

Old Jul 27th 2004, 1:31 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
you can put real knives and forks in your suitcase if you want. The restrictions regarding sharp objects are restrictions for hand luggage .. i.e. no sharp objects in hand luggage. If you have a manicure set with scissors etc in your handbag .. this too is not allowed to be carried onto the plane with you. You should pack it into your suitcases. There are signs in Heathrow on the check in counters regarding this

cheers
Old Jul 27th 2004, 1:59 am
Just Joined

rydel is an unknown quantity at this point

heard mixed views....

love boomie
xx
Yes you can so long as it is not hand carried onto the aircraft. The last time, I had army swiss knife and kitchen knife in my check-in luggage. We had no problem in checking-in the bag.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:14 am

gedge has disabled reputation

One of my first flights as a kid, I took my plastic gun with me.
Didn't see a problem in that.
Anyway they took it off me at the airport stuck it in a sandwich bag and gave it to the captain.
When we arrived (in the middle east) a tannoy announcement requested my mum go and collect her gun! She was not amused.

Always brings a smile to my face
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by JulesandChris
One of my first flights as a kid, I took my plastic gun with me.
Didn't see a problem in that.
Anyway they took it off me at the airport stuck it in a sandwich bag and gave it to the captain.
When we arrived (in the middle east) a tannoy announcement requested my mum go and collect her gun! She was not amused.

Always brings a smile to my face
Lol
can you imagine that announcement today in an airport ..lol.. you'd see mass panic/confusion..
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

tough one that...but u can put me in ure suitcase
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

knives, tools etc any sharp object can be taken.. but only in suitcases that are going in the hold , never in hand luggage for obvious reasons. regularly fly with a load of tools including (legal) poisonous substances ( work related)

It should be on the back of your ticket booklet too if you look regarding these rules at what you can and can't carry on to the plane with you. Simple really - no sharp objects in your hand luggage.. don't know about plastic knives in hand luggage though.. hardly sharp are they.. but they are probably not allowed as hand luggage either. Suitcase containing any legal ( ie no illegal , banned weapons like knuckle dusters etc ..lol ) sharp object are no problem.. it is allowed.. and your plastic knives in a suitcase is not a problem lol.

cheers
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:20 am
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

This rule is a little bizarre though because once you get on to the plane and have your meal served you get a real metal cutlery set.

Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by uluru
This rule is a little bizarre though because once you get on to the plane and have your meal served you get a real metal cutlery set.

Not on our flight they were banned We were in cattle class but the folks in 1st class had proper eating irons [we all know terrorists only fly ecconomy ]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.