Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cute slippers and such things....

Cute slippers and such things....

Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cute slippers and such things....

Mrs.Neal here trying to concentrate on practicalities until I get my head straight...
Can anyone tell me if they still provide blankets/pillows and slippers on the flight to Oz???When I flew 10 years ago they provided all of these and sooooooo I wanted to know what else I need to buy Thankyou
Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:45 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I was just there in September. Flew Malaysian (economy) and they still provide pillows and blankets but slippers were nowhere to be seen. I brought a pair for comfort as did quite a few other passengers.
Can't comment on other airlines but I assume that they all work pretty much the same.

I also stocked up on tissues, wet naps, lip balm and hand and face cream... it never fails the flights always make you so DRY. If you're not careful, you arrive feeling like beef jerky!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:16 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Cute slippers and such things....

Originally posted by neal
Mrs.Neal here trying to concentrate on practicalities until I get my head straight...
Can anyone tell me if they still provide blankets/pillows and slippers on the flight to Oz???When I flew 10 years ago they provided all of these and sooooooo I wanted to know what else I need to buy Thankyou
Hi Mrs. Neal,

Warren here, Jill is busy watching sad Saturday TV and I have reminded her to PM you !!

Yes, they still provide it on Singapore Airlines to Perth on the long haul bit anyway - not sure about the "short"bit from Singapore to Perth ?

Best wishes and good to see you feeling better.

Warren
Perth 2004......

Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

all we got with singapore was a pair of socks and a toothbrush. Blanket on every seat.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cute slippers and such things....

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Yes, they still provide it on Singapore Airlines to Perth on the long haul bit anyway - not sure about the "short"bit from Singapore to Perth ?

Warren
Perth 2004......
O.k so once they've given you the cute slippers and you've worn them in a bit and got quite attached to them , you're saying they whip them off your feet and bin 'em?!!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever goodies they give you, you get to keep! Qantas until recently gave out socks as part of their economy package - I have numerous pairs lying around, they still do it for Business. I got socks with Cathay Pacific, and really tough socks that are good for hiking when I travelled with Lauda/Austrian!

Think they all do toothbrushes - I make a point of asking for them, and haven't actually bought a toothbrush since my first trip to Oz in early 1999!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

DawnBlayney is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with both British Airways & Qantas in 2003 & both had blanket & pillow on each seat and also a 'pack' containing socks, eyemask, toothbrush, comb etc. Qantas also had a goody pack containing such things as bottles of water, mints, fruit as snacks. Mind you if we'd eaten it all we'd never have got out of the seat. Most everyone seems to pad around in socks.
Hope that helps, sorry not much use on other airlines - Dawn
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

mmm, so Singapore must be economising
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:40 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

my essentials for plane travelling - socks, eyemask (not all provided ones are good ones), blowup neck cushion (shaped like a horse shoe) as the ones provided are useless. For further comfort I wear loose trousers and not jeans, take a bottle of water (service can vary greatly even travelling on the same airline).
I will also have my washbag so I can wash my face, put a bit of cream (sample size bottle to save space) and makeup on before landing, which is v refeshing after a long journey.

A good book is also essential if they don't have screens on the back of the seat infront

bl00dy hell it sounds like I take the suitcase as hand luggage, but it all fits into a small bag with space to spare (really! )