Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cut out and keep

Cut out and keep

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:17 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
MartinH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 532
MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Talking Cut out and keep

Accommodation not acommodation
Aggressive not agressive
Advisory not advisery
Aggregate not agregate
Attribute not atribute
Benefit not benifit
Crucial not crutial
Critical not criticle
Career not carear
Challenging not challanging
Conference not conferance
Commitment not comittment
Confidence not confidance
Consistent not consistant
Currently not currantly
Calendar not calender
Curriculum not curiculum
Changeable not changable
Correspondence not correspondance
Comparatively not comparitively
Communication not comunication
Definite not definate
Development not developement
Disappointed not dissapointed
Discipline not disipline
Dissertation not disertation
Desperate not desparate
Experience not experiance
Environment not enviroment
Exaggerate not exagerate
Exaggerate not exagerate
Employment not employement
Fulfilment not fulfillment
Grammar not grammer
Interest not intrest
Irresistible not irresistable
Independent not independant
Indispensable not indispensible
Immunology not imunology
Liaison not liason
Maintenance not maintanance
Management not managment
Marvellous not marvelous
Miscellaneous not miscelaneous
Opportunity not oppertunity
Persuade not persuede
Professional not proffesional
Privileged not priveleged
Practical not practicle
Relevant not relevent
Recruitment not recrutement
Received not recieved
Separate not seperate
Sponsored not sponcered
Tendency not tendancy
Unnecessary not uneccesary
Weird not wierd
MartinH is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:22 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
John's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 199
John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Tanks...sorry, thanks. I think
John is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:26 pm
  #3  
A former regular of BE
 
worzel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Carramar, Perth
Posts: 6,241
worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Emigration is to go from
Immigration is to come to
Migration is either

I am emigrating from the UK, immigrating into Australia, migrating from one country to another (and generally going round in circles)
worzel is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:28 pm
  #4  
A New Day at Mid-Night...
 
pandya_m's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Away Away From Home...
Posts: 553
pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default Re: Cut out and keep

pandya_m is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:34 pm
  #5  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,040
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Can't imagine what I'll start here but my pet hate is misplaced apostrophes - note to self, get a life
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:35 pm
  #6  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 881
ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by worzel
Emigration is to go from
Immigration is to come to
Migration is either

I am emigrating from the UK, immigrating into Australia, migrating from one country to another (and generally going round in circles)
Confused :scared: or is it confuzed :scared:

If we have americanisms....do the yanks have englishisms?

Do the Australians have americanisms or englishisms?

This ism that ism......... Ooooh I feel a song coming on!..

All we are sayin....is "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE" !

If you don't get it - think John Lennon

Bye for now ( or should it be "buy 4 now")!

L-j
ELLJAY is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:37 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by MartinH
Accommodation not acommodation
Aggressive not agressive
Advisory not advisery
Aggregate not agregate
Attribute not atribute
Benefit not benifit
Crucial not crutial
Critical not criticle
Career not carear
Challenging not challanging
Conference not conferance
Commitment not comittment
Confidence not confidance
Consistent not consistant
Currently not currantly
Calendar not calender
Curriculum not curiculum
Changeable not changable
Correspondence not correspondance
Comparatively not comparitively
Communication not comunication
Definite not definate
Development not developement
Disappointed not dissapointed
Discipline not disipline
Dissertation not disertation
Desperate not desparate
Experience not experiance
Environment not enviroment
Exaggerate not exagerate
Exaggerate not exagerate
Employment not employement
Fulfilment not fulfillment
Grammar not grammer
Interest not intrest
Irresistible not irresistable
Independent not independant
Indispensable not indispensible
Immunology not imunology
Liaison not liason
Maintenance not maintanance
Management not managment
Marvellous not marvelous
Miscellaneous not miscelaneous
Opportunity not oppertunity
Persuade not persuede
Professional not proffesional
Privileged not priveleged
Practical not practicle
Relevant not relevent
Recruitment not recrutement
Received not recieved
Separate not seperate
Sponsored not sponcered
Tendency not tendancy
Unnecessary not uneccesary
Weird not wierd

you forgot to clarify their/there, too/to, where/were and there must be heaps of others i cant recall at the moment......
Rooksie is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:38 pm
  #8  
.
 
fraser's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 21,374
fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you forgot to clarify their/there, too/to, where/were and there must be heaps of others i cant recall at the moment......
Your/you're
fraser is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:39 pm
  #9  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by fraser
Your/you're

of course, how could i forget that one!!
Rooksie is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:45 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Adelaide - South Australia
Posts: 1,820
marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by Rooksie
of course, how could i forget that one!!
And how about the whole should of would ov thing??
marco121068 is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:47 pm
  #11  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by marco121068
And how about the whole should of would ov thing??

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Rooksie is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:52 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Adelaide - South Australia
Posts: 1,820
marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Actually Rooksie I think you may have spelt that incorrectly
marco121068 is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:59 pm
  #13  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by marco121068
Actually Rooksie I think you may have spelt that incorrectly
Sorry - AARGHHHHHHHHHHH
Rooksie is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:01 pm
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
MartinH's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 532
MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by marco121068
Actually Rooksie I think you may have spelt that incorrectly
Yes the last "h" should also be capitalised.....................or capitalized
MartinH is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:04 pm
  #15  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cut out and keep

Originally Posted by MartinH
Yes the last "h" should also be capitalised.....................or capitalized


total humiliation
Rooksie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.