View Poll Results: What do you think of the issue?
Give that woman a medal
66.67%
That was really unnecessary
7.41%
Don't care either way
25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

A cut 'n paste!

Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default A cut 'n paste!

I know you must all be desperate now for a PB style cut and paste, so thought I'd put this one on, as I thought it was interesting.... can't imagine this happening in the UK!

Row as TV host feeds baby on air

Peter Shadbolt in Sydney
Friday September 19, 2003
The Guardian

Australian doctors yesterday praised a talkshow host who breastfed her six-week-old child during a primetime chat on national television.
Kate Langbroek began breastfeeding during the Ten network's programme The Panel, lighting up the switchboard at the television station.

"It was definitely split," a Ten spokeswoman said. "Some people were very congratulatory and others were having a bit of a hissy."

Her action drew praise from the Australian Medical Association which has thrown its weight behind breastfeeding activists. Earlier this year a member of Victoria's state parliament, Kirsty Marshall, was ejected from the chamber after she began breastfeeding her baby, sparking a debate.

The AMA's Queensland president, Ingrid Tall, said: "People have to get over the embarrassment about breasts being publicly displayed in this context.

"We're advocating healthy outcomes for both baby and mother and to sexualise the breast in the context of breastfeeding is outrageous"

Over to you then guys!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:02 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good for her!!!

why is it no one bats an eyelid when newspapers show bimbos with their silicone tits hanging out all over the place, but a mother breast feeding her baby in public causes outrage!!!???
I once had to feed my daughter on a bus (we were stuck in traffic) and the tuts I raised were incredible. I politely told the frowners to f@@@ off.

sue
( a fully paid up member of the breastfeedbrigade!!)

Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
good for her!!!

why is it no one bats an eyelid when newspapers show bimbos with their silicone tits hanging out all over the place, but a mother breast feeding her baby in public causes outrage!!!???
I once had to feed my daughter on a bus (we were stuck in traffic) and the tuts I raised were incredible. I politely told the frowners to f@@@ off.

sue
( a fully paid up member of the breastfeedbrigade!!)

Here here! I'm amazed you got stick for feeding on the bus - that's ridiculous. Not like they can see anything anyway!!! I think our society has gone mad! In Greece, where my parents live, it's much more acceptable and encouraged to breastfeed.
Larissa
(another paid up member!)
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Had to feed my son in a department store restaurant once, as there was no parent and chid room. Was very discreet, but still overheard a woman's particular disgust at my actions. told her very loudly " If you want to go and eat your lunch in the toilet, then that's fine - but my son is going to have his food here" Got several " good for you, dearies " from some old ladies next to me, and the pathetic woman got up and walked out.

( Paid up member and have the boobs to prove it!!! )
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Totally agree with you all. NCT eat your heart out we must all be Earth mothers!(I think not )

I was very good at feeding my babies discreetly. As long as you keep your bits well hidden I don't see the problem with it.

The main difficulty is that breasts in the UK are wholely sexual objects and as such cannot be used to feed a baby! After all it doesn't quite suit 'The Sun' image to see a beautiful Mother breast feeding her baby- she should be wipping them out for the blokes to oogle instead!

Britain is way behind other countries in this department, but then most overtly sexual places are. After all in the States you could probably be hung for nursing your baby in public, but can get your boobs enlarged x20 and end up on the TV any day
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:57 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh

( Paid up member and have the boobs to prove it!!! )

LOL!

sue
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Breast is best.

Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
Breast is best.

Thought you'd say that!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:16 am

Originally posted by bondipom
Breast is best.

you can rely on the nice ones to back us up.......

sue
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:20 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Breastfeeding in public

I totally agree. Excellent that she is publicising the problem. I wouldn't like to see it on the telly all the time however.
But good for her, to bring the issue to a head. It's ridiculous. What gets me really going though, is it is usually women who do the complaining.

I couldn't breastfeed my two, but admire anyone who can put up with the sore nips and all that goes with it. I did about 2 weeks with both of mine, before giving it up as a bad job.

Doesn't seem to have done them any harm.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

spoke to a woman only last week who was having to feed her baby in the toilets of a pub, that was outrageous

the most natural thing in the world, after all why have we got them, ands it is deemed to be too embarrassing for some

arlene

awake and up far too early
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:12 am
WBB

well as a male i would like to add that my two are/were breast fed and i have no problem with it in public or not.
as you say it is the most natural thing to do and why it is looked down upon i cannot understand, when my girlfriend was telling a woman she used to work with that she was breastfeeding the woman looked at her with disgust and said it was sick..!!!

how ridiculous.

mind you she has got nipples like spat out chewing gum now.

Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:32 am
Just Joined

bearbum is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really care one way or the other if she breasts feeds on tv, I have no issue with it other than teh fact that it was purely and simply a publicity stunt, it wasn't actually a necessity, the programme only lasts an hour and if she couldn't organise herself around it theres something wrong. I mean how would it seem to you if a news reader said "we need to interupt this bulliten as I need to take a dump"
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:43 am
Just Joined

bearbum is an unknown quantity at this point

To my knowledge there are no laws regarding where breast feeding can or can't be done.

Also I don't really think it will change anyones mind about it, if anything it will polarise opinion.

What really works is what one of the previous posters stated i.e. shaming those who show their ignorance by making stupid derogatory statements in public.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bearbum
I don't really care one way or the other if she breasts feeds on tv, I have no issue with it other than teh fact that it was purely and simply a publicity stunt, it wasn't actually a necessity, the programme only lasts an hour and if she couldn't organise herself around it theres something wrong. I mean how would it seem to you if a news reader said "we need to interupt this bulliten as I need to take a dump"
Thanks for that - funny the article didn't tell us it was just an hour! Shame about the thing in parliament though - some of those things can go on for hours and women should be represented in parliament. I'm not sure you can equate breastfeeding to having a dump though.
I'm quite happy to breastfeed but not take a dump in public!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.