Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

customs opens container with u present?

customs opens container with u present?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default customs opens container with u present?

do customs opens container with u present? or do they open and check it with u not being there?

any ideas?

cheers

sd
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:23 pm
WBB

Default Re: customs opens container with u present?

Originally posted by sashadan
do customs opens container with u present? or do they open and check it with u not being there?

any ideas?

cheers

sd

just a guess, i think they just go through them at random without the owners presence.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:36 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

I have never been present at any of mine being opened, out of my previous 3 visits, they only went through mine with a fine toothcomb once that I know of. You fill in a form and photocopy passport for them when they are ready for the container.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got the forms through from my shippers this end - once I have filled them in and paid the basic quarantine charge they said they will send the stuff through customs and then deliver it. No need for me to be there at all.

(they said they will also check the inventory, see whats missing, and try and track down with the idiots at Anglo Pacific have done with the rest of the boxes. At last someone who is prepared to do something!)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:02 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sashadan

any ideas?

cheers

sd
You can just see them inviting mr Mafia boss down to open his container of Heroin.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:04 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
You can just see them inviting mr Mafia boss down to open his container of Heroin.

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit mr bp.

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

The common practise if for you to sign a waiver from your appointed local Oz agent dealing with your shipment. This waiver gives the agent authority be present with the Customs people on your behalf during the opening of the container and inspection.

You have the right to be there yourself, but this will probably delay the process.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:30 am
Just Joined

starwars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Import Duty

Hi,
We are planning to send our household goods to melbourne when we move. Do we have to pay any duty before we clear the goods from customs. I would like to bring my computer and other household stuff some of them are new.

Regards