Curry Houses!

Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by salonit
SAAJAN the best place ever!!!!!!!!!! u have def got it right there! i am validating in dec 25 - 17 jan 2004 then back to manchester for a year !
i will def miss the kebabs ( the mix u have is great !) my Fav is ( and u MUST try it ) is Lal Qila Kebab joint ( at the back of Lal Qila Restaurant in the middle of Rusholme) ask for a Chicken Donner Kebab!

Saajan ?????

I used to live in Manchester until about 5 years ago and always went to the 'small Shezan (sp?)' - definitely my favourite.

Please tell me it is still there and going strong!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sjn2003
Saajan ?????

I used to live in Manchester until about 5 years ago and always went to the 'small Shezan (sp?)' - definitely my favourite.

Please tell me it is still there and going strong!!

Shezan is still going....but saajan started off in fallowfield and has a branch in rusholme! But they are all the same people that own it ( a bit of a cartel!)
But the whole kebab scene is still going strong!!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Excellent - going up this weekend to watch the mighty Reds get stuffed by Blackburn. May try and sneak a quick Rusholme hit in whilst there !!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Excellent - going up this weekend to watch the mighty Reds get stuffed by Blackburn. May try and sneak a quick Rusholme hit in whilst there !!!!!!!!

surely there must have been a typing error....u mean the mighty reds stuff blackburn???!!!

Enjoy rusholme ( & the match!)and if u want a kebab go to Lal qila kebab ( behind restaurant) - absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by salonit
surely there must have been a typing error....u mean the mighty reds stuff blackburn???!!!

Enjoy rusholme ( & the match!)and if u want a kebab go to Lal qila kebab ( behind restaurant) - absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Yeh, only kidding. I'm sure we will wipe the floor with them but that bloody Cole/Yorke combo caused us some problems last season. Hope Van Nistelrooy brings his dutch scoring boots
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point

either thats a typo or you are a 'tached up yonner my friend

im goin on saturday as well, my last match before i hand the season ticket over to one of the lads for safekeeping!

meet you for a pint if u fancy it?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by warwick road
either thats a typo or you are a 'tached up yonner my friend

im goin on saturday as well, my last match before i hand the season ticket over to one of the lads for safekeeping!

meet you for a pint if u fancy it?
What's "a 'tached up yonner'? I've been down South for a few years now but I've no idea what that means?!

Would love to meet for a pint but have to dash off after the game to pick my son up fron the babysitter and we will be on the minutes getting to the ground after watching England thrash the Aussies !

I bet you had no problem finding a home for that season ticket !
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

No mate, live in Sale.

I dont know what im gonna do without my regular Sunday afternoon Chicken & 2 sheek mix on nan from the Saajan in rusholme!!

Ive perfected the art of sheeks for the barby though, just need to brush up the old chicken tikka skills and ill be makin me own!!

Are you emigrating in Jan???

Ileave here Dec 1st, fanny about in Melbourne for a cpl of weeks with the wifes family then we go to Perth 12 December

I'll let you know if I find any good ones.....
There's places here that'll make the Racecourse estate seem like Beverley Hills

HP's Other Half
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curry Houses!

Right! There I was sat there last night in Rusholme "The Curry Mile" and the ball & chain said to me over a pint of Cobra and a Chicken Jalfrezi, "Where are we gonna get a curry like this in OZ?"

So, people, we need some nominations for some top notch Ruby Murray gaffs!

I spent a year out in OZ a few years back travelling round, and the only one I found that was up to scratch was in Williamstown, Melbourne and it turned out the geezer that owned it had moved over there from Rusholme!!

I know OZ doesnt really have a big Indian/Pakistani population like we do here, but surely some of the Indians over there have got there act together and sorted a decent feed!

So has anyone(especially Perth people) found a little diamond tucked away somewhere that they want to tell us about??
I've tried about six or seven around the bayside in Melbourne - and not one measures up to the british curryhouse i'm afraid. Sill I live in hope as i'll try out every single one in Melbourne if I have to!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point

What's "a 'tached up yonner'? I've been down South for a few years now but I've no idea what that means?!

Would love to meet for a pint but have to dash off after the game to pick my son up fron the babysitter and we will be on the minutes getting to the ground after watching England thrash the Aussies !

I bet you had no problem finding a home for that season ticket !

Tached up = in possesion of a moustache!

yonner = six-fingered bake from the lancashire hills i.e. blackburn, burnley and about 90% of city fans

have a top day!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tached up = in possesion of a moustache!

yonner = six-fingered bake from the lancashire hills i.e. blackburn, burnley and about 90% of city fans

have a top day!
I was born and brought up in Bury - at the foot of the Lancashire hills. Does that make me a yonner ????!!!! I am guessing a 'six-fingered bake' is not something from those guys who make Hollands Pies !!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

AussieinLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rajj
I've tried about six or seven around the bayside in Melbourne - and not one measures up to the british curryhouse i'm afraid. Sill I live in hope as i'll try out every single one in Melbourne if I have to!

I can't promise this is going to match expectations, but some UK friends staying in Melbourne said the curry houses were rubbish until I took them there. They'd travelled all around Australia trying curries as they went so I think it's a pretty good recommendation.

Carlton Curry House, Rathdowne St, Carlton.

(not sure about the e in Rathdowne, memory is going...)

It's nothing to look at (old kitchen tables) but it's the best Indian food I've tasted.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AussieinLondon
I can't promise this is going to match expectations, but some UK friends staying in Melbourne said the curry houses were rubbish until I took them there. They'd travelled all around Australia trying curries as they went so I think it's a pretty good recommendation.

Carlton Curry House, Rathdowne St, Carlton.

(not sure about the e in Rathdowne, memory is going...)

It's nothing to look at (old kitchen tables) but it's the best Indian food I've tasted.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. If it turns out to be good, I'll buy you one!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 1:21 pm
WBB

looks like a good curry house would be very profitable in oz, right where is my 101 curry's cookbook

Old Nov 21st 2003, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

AussieinLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rajj
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. If it turns out to be good, I'll buy you one!
Ask for the number 14, it's always a scream...

"I DO NOT MAKE A NUMBER 14!!! It is not food. It is as a nuclear reactor in the mouth'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.