Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Current shipping quotes ??

Current shipping quotes ??

Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current shipping quotes ??

Originally Posted by Alfresco
You may have to pay duty on stuff less than a year old. That's what we were told by the one shipper. e.g. new TVs etc...
My Sister has just got her stuff here last week, cleared customs and arrived at their storage unit last thursday. Only thing customs picked up on was a wreath with pine cones. They had new tv's, cement mixer, Ikea furniture still in the packaging and not a cent to pay in duty, They packed their own stuff as well. So a good result for them, they were expecting to pay loads in duty.

John
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
My Sister has just got her stuff here last week, cleared customs and arrived at their storage unit last thursday. Only thing customs picked up on was a wreath with pine cones. They had new tv's, cement mixer, Ikea furniture still in the packaging and not a cent to pay in duty, They packed their own stuff as well. So a good result for them, they were expecting to pay loads in duty.

John
Excellent. Yeah I've read on here loads that no duty will be charged as a general rule.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Anglo Pacific:-

Opt 1. £4100 for 20ft (961 cubic ft) sole use container = £4.26 per cubic ft.

Opt 2. £2795 for 548 cubic feet shared container = £5.10 per cubic ft.

We also got a quote from John Mason but have revised our list of items to take with which will be less than the above quote.

Waiting for Anglo Pacific to get back to us with revised quote.
John Mason have come back with £3810 for a 20ft sole use container - 960 cubic ft.

Still thinking about shipping the car which will cost approx £1200.

We've decided to take more rather than less and have our own container, unless Mrs. Alf changes her mind...again!

Last edited by Alfresco; Jun 23rd 2010 at 5:05 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good Alf. I still keep changing my mind what to take and we have booked the conatainer in mind of what we told them. I keep throwing things out or giving it away. At this rate we will only have a crate going on a 20ft

C x
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

John Mason have come back with £3810 for a 20ft sole use container - 960 cubic ft.

Still thinking about shipping the car which will cost approx £1200.

We've decided to take more rather than less and have our own container, unless Mrs. Alf changes her mind...again!
That sounds reasonable actually ....
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sunbound
That sounds reasonable actually ....
Yep, so about £500 cheaper than your friend's quote. I hope they have re-evaluated.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Yep, so about £500 cheaper than your friend's quote. I hope they have re-evaluated.
Yes they're still waiting for 3 other quotes to come in before they start to knock the prices down a little i think ..Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2010, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

At last I have my first quote in, Anglo Pacific £5,500 for 1,300 cubic feet. Insurance not included.

I was hoping to keep it below £5k.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
At last I have my first quote in, Anglo Pacific £5,500 for 1,300 cubic feet. Insurance not included.

I was hoping to keep it below £5k.

That sounds about right for Anglo Pacific - £4.25 per cubic ft.

John Mason will probably cost you about £5160 as their costs are just under £3.97 per cubic ft.

Insurance on top still.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jun 24th 2010 at 3:13 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds about right for Anglo Pacific - £4.25 per cubic ft.

John Mason will probably cost you about £5160 as their costs are just under £3.97 per cubic ft.

Insurance on top still.
And DT Moving has just come in at £7,500! Well that is them out of the running. Just waiting for Pickfords now.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Pickfords are the cheapest at £5,200. This is for a 40 foot container with them buying back the surplus space.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aarghh!!!

I have just done my insurance form (packers in on Wednesday) and the premium has come to over £1,000. I thought it was just a couple of hundred. I don't spend a thousand on my entire buildings and contents insurance for the entire year.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aarghh!!!

I have just done my insurance form (packers in on Wednesday) and the premium has come to over £1,000. I thought it was just a couple of hundred. I don't spend a thousand on my entire buildings and contents insurance for the entire year.

Apparently you can nominate only the items to be insured to make it cheaper. Not sure what we'll do as some of our stuff is junk and not worth insuring.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apparently you can nominate only the items to be insured to make it cheaper. Not sure what we'll do as some of our stuff is junk and not worth insuring.

I already did that.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I already did that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.