Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency transfer, flase advertising??

Currency transfer, flase advertising??

Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Currency transfer, flase advertising??

Here is a link to a company called transfermate. Their FAQ says that no fee will be charged for the first transaction. I booked rates with them and sent over the money. I asked them to make the transfer today. I get a reply saying 'this will now be processed along with a fee of €15. '

Ok, its a small amount of money but I got back onto them pointing out where it says differently on their website. I was told that this fee cannot be wavered. I said again, it says differently on your website. Again I get told that it stands without explanation. I have asked for it to be escalated to a manager. I'm probably too stubborn for my own good.

Can you perhaps have a read of this link below and cofirm that I am either crazy or correct.

http://www.transfermate.com/en/faq.html#faq1

Cheers.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency transfer, flase advertising??

em, FALSE advertising not FLASE
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:08 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Here is a link to a company called transfermate. Their FAQ says that no fee will be charged for the first transaction. I booked rates with them and sent over the money. I asked them to make the transfer today. I get a reply saying 'this will now be processed along with a fee of €15. '

Ok, its a small amount of money but I got back onto them pointing out where it says differently on their website. I was told that this fee cannot be wavered. I said again, it says differently on your website. Again I get told that it stands without explanation. I have asked for it to be escalated to a manager. I'm probably too stubborn for my own good.

Can you perhaps have a read of this link below and cofirm that I am either crazy or correct.

http://www.transfermate.com/en/faq.html#faq1

Cheers.

Your not crazy. Sounds abit dodgy or dopey client services officer. You'd be better off using someone like Ozforex www.ozforex.com.au or Tranzfers www.tranzfers.com.au in the future? More responsible firms and have above excellent reviews on BE.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Your not crazy. Sounds abit dodgy or dopey client services officer. You'd be better off using someone like Ozforex www.ozforex.com.au or Tranzfers www.tranzfers.com.au in the future? More responsible firms and have above excellent reviews on BE.
Thank you. I've just got an email from them saying that if I reviewed their website I would have been aware of the fee, but then says that she acknowledges the error on their website??? Bloody hell. This is the same company I was applying for my visa with originally. Trouble is, their rate is better than anyone elses lol. The 15 yoyos fee is only small but I just cant stand stuff like this.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gotcha he he he. After several emails claiming false advertising, they caved and are giving me the transfer without fee. Hey thats about $26 extra in my pocket!!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi we use currencymatters never had any costs even when we needed money within a couple of days, you are going to love dealing with rental agents GARY