Reload this Page >

Currency Transfer Charges

Currency Transfer Charges

Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

jadedjilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currency Transfer Charges

Hi,

I have just used my card to order some currency from HiFX which was then paid to my Westpac account and there was a $35 charge taken from it at the receiving end. I know in the FAQs it says this can happen. Is this normal or is there another way around it. Should I set up another bank account to receive the funds into ?

The money is only transferred as a simple bank payment (don't you just love financial institutions).

Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency Transfer Charges

Originally Posted by jadedjilly
Hi,

I have just used my card to order some currency from HiFX which was then paid to my Westpac account and there was a $35 charge taken from it at the receiving end. I know in the FAQs it says this can happen. Is this normal or is there another way around it. Should I set up another bank account to receive the funds into ?

The money is only transferred as a simple bank payment (don't you just love financial institutions).

I was cross when I had that happen too, since Westpac is linked with Barclays (or was - not sure now), and HiFX bank with Barclays, and Westpac link HiFX from their website (again did when I looked).

Turned out the money was routed through NAB and NAB supposedly added the charge, but I complained and got it refunded. After that, switched to UKForex - no fees at all
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

jadedjilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can I please ask which of those involved you complained too, to get the refund.

We have got a few transactions to make over the next few months and having to pay $35 on each one will soon add up.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 2:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can I please ask which of those involved you complained too, to get the refund.

We have got a few transactions to make over the next few months and having to pay $35 on each one will soon add up.

Thanks.
HiFX since my agreement was with them.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:49 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for UKForex and OzForex. Been using them for years and always happy with the results.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 1:10 am
Just Joined

glenn_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

did you use hifx uk or Australia? If you use the Australian office you wont incur any charges for funds coming into Australia, I use them regularly
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajw
+1 for UKForex and OzForex. Been using them for years and always happy with the results.
+2 for UK/OzForex, CBA and RBS - no charge for transfer from CBA to RBS completed by UK/OzForex.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:48 pm
Vendor

Dan_W9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi jadedjilly,

It is rare for an Aussie bank to charge a Receiving Fee and sometimes it can be an Intermediary Bank that takes money from the transfer as explained by old.sparkles.

Please PM or visit our Vendor Forum for info on how we could help you.

Dan