Reload this Page >

Currency Exchange

Currency Exchange

Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currency Exchange

Hey all

Has anybody got clues/advice (professional or otherwise) on when the Ozzy Dollar will weaken? In Oct 2008 One Pound bought $2.50 now its around $1.75& certainly puts on old a decision to transfer funds from UK. I am looking to buy a house either Syd or Adelaide this year as indications are property is on the rise in the city suburbs but i may need to borrow further as i do not want to transfer at a ridiculously low rate.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency Exchange

Originally Posted by Don63
Hey all

Has anybody got clues/advice (professional or otherwise) on when the Ozzy Dollar will weaken? In Oct 2008 One Pound bought $2.50 now its around $1.75& certainly puts on old a decision to transfer funds from UK. I am looking to buy a house either Syd or Adelaide this year as indications are property is on the rise in the city suburbs but i may need to borrow further as i do not want to transfer at a ridiculously low rate.
Go & look through all the other threads on this subject as there are rather a lot all guess work & most are from those who are bored & just give a reply of a no real sence.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 1:59 pm
Banned

JimDavid1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Don,

I hope you are well. Erm... im not really that clued up on the markets. But i do have a currency broker whom updates me... so if you like, i could PM you his details, and he may be able to offer you his views. Just let me know
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JimDavid1972
Hey Don,

I hope you are well. Erm... im not really that clued up on the markets. But i do have a currency broker whom updates me... so if you like, i could PM you his details, and he may be able to offer you his views. Just let me know
mmmmm, research your brokers on here rather than listen to tips from non established members!

Ozforex, HiFX etc all have good reports on here by people who have moved money with them but be wary of who you deal with other than those with good reports on here by several people (brokers have been known to set up as members on here to promote themselves - moderators soon boot em off tho!)

I have a big thread on the exchange rate which I started when rate slipped to 1.93.

Nobody really knows where it will go otherwise they'd be millionaires and not working as brokers to advise other people on market moves!!!!

But £ has taken a big hit and is well oversold! Time will tell but there should be some recovery. It's likely to happen if and when the US$ recovers against the Aussie.

Last edited by MrCro; Jan 11th 2010 at 2:11 pm. Reason: typos
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:22 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

4 weeks after the UK election, when the emergency budget cuts spending dramatically and raises taxes. Bonus points if Eddie George is sacked and the BoE starts talking about raising the interest rates to more normal levels.

At least that's what I'm betting on.