Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cumbria to Perth

Cumbria to Perth

Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all
Arrow Cumbria to Perth

Hi there

Just wondered if there were any other Cumbrians making the move down under? Would be nice to speak to some local people, maybe even arrange a meet?????????????????

I am 24 and my hubby Barrie is 25, we have a 1 year old daughter and a dog!!!! My mam (47 - she will kill me for putting that on) and stepdad (43) are also applying. We sent our visa app in November and we are just waiting for a Case Officer. They seem to be getting through them a bit faster now so with a bit of luck we will be there Sept/Oct. We are hoping to go to the Mandurah area.

Would love to hear from anyone from either end!!!

Hayley
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cumbria to Perth

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Hi there

Just wondered if there were any other Cumbrians making the move down under? Would be nice to speak to some local people, maybe even arrange a meet?????????????????

I am 24 and my hubby Barrie is 25, we have a 1 year old daughter and a dog!!!! My mam (47 - she will kill me for putting that on) and stepdad (43) are also applying. We sent our visa app in November and we are just waiting for a Case Officer. They seem to be getting through them a bit faster now so with a bit of luck we will be there Sept/Oct. We are hoping to go to the Mandurah area.

Hayley
Very possible we may be moving to Cumbria in September (for work reasons). Hopefully off to Aus in around 2 to 3 years.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:13 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

Hayley

Hi there, we'r from cumbria im 30 and girlfriend katy 24. We live in kendal and are off to cairns, shame it wasnt perth! Where are you guys at???

Stu
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Wanna swap lives?

We are in Perth and Cumbria looks very nice! Is there much employment for electricians and accounts clerks up that way?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:00 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teabag
Wanna swap lives?

We are in Perth and Cumbria looks very nice! Is there much employment for electricians and accounts clerks up that way?
Haha how mad, im an electrician! Job will be coming up, maybe we should forget cairns and come to perth! Fancy house swop aswell!!!

stu
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

that would be cool! hehe, what's your house like?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Cumbria, before moving to Brisbane

Theres quite a few Cumbrians on the forum

Good luck guys
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Mrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really nice

Hi, we live in lake district and are in the process of thinking about a move to Aus. We run a builders firm at the mo, and quite fancy doing something similar if we get out there, if its viable. Where abouts in cumbria are you?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrs MH
Hi, we live in lake district and are in the process of thinking about a move to Aus. We run a builders firm at the mo, and quite fancy doing something similar if we get out there, if its viable. Where abouts in cumbria are you?
We are in Workington at the mo, not for much longer with a bit of luck!! Where abouts in the lake district are you?

There seems to be loads of Cumbrians trying to escape or already have, wonder if its anything to do with the lovely weather we get in Cumbria! NOT!!!

How far on is everyone with thier applications??

Hayley
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:19 am
Sparky Stu

We are in Workington at the mo, not for much longer with a bit of luck!! Where abouts in the lake district are you?

There seems to be loads of Cumbrians trying to escape or already have, wonder if its anything to do with the lovely weather we get in Cumbria! NOT!!!

Hayley
Our flights are booked for the 25th of june!

stu
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stu:0
Our flights are booked for the 25th of june!

stu
My god I am so jelous!!!

Which Visa you gone on? How long did it take once you got a CO?

Hayley
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:38 am
Sparky Stu

My god I am so jelous!!!

Which Visa you gone on? How long did it take once you got a CO?

Hayley
Girfriend katy has sposership so we'r on a 457, intend to go for pr mamybe 6 months down the line!

stu
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stu:0
Girfriend katy has sposership so we'r on a 457, intend to go for pr mamybe 6 months down the line!

stu
Fantastic!

We havent been to australia before, my mam and stepdad went for 4 week this time last year. Some people say we must be mad not going before hand but I just keep thinking, can it really be so much worse than here???!!!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Very possible we may be moving to Cumbria in September (for work reasons). Hopefully off to Aus in around 2 to 3 years.
would that be to BNFL
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Hayley
we are from whitehaven. how you going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.