Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cumberland Sausages in Melbourne?

Cumberland Sausages in Melbourne?

Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice
Default Cumberland Sausages in Melbourne?

Anyone know where I can buy some Cumberland sausage in the Melbourne area?

Actually, not just Cumberland...but any decent sausages...preferably pork, okay with beef but no bloody chicken.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cumberland Sausages in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Anyone know where I can buy some Cumberland sausage in the Melbourne area?

Actually, not just Cumberland...but any decent sausages...preferably pork, okay with beef but no bloody chicken.
Try Robs Butchers in Dandenong.

http://www.robs-uk-products.com.au/about.html
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bordy

Thanks for that!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a British butchers in Bayswater too - but I haven't been there. I should check it out.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:33 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Rob's English butchers in Dandenong definitely has them. Also black pudding, pork pies etc.

The Elephant & Wheelbarrow pub, Bourke St, also serves Cumberland sausage dishes.

Very good Irish pork sausages in "Get Fresh", Boronia. I wouldn't buy anything else.

Not seen the shop in Bayswater, where is it? (I have seen the crisps/sweet shop near the level crossing: good for pickled red cabbage, Colemans mint sauce, Pot Noodles etc)
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicktork
Rob's English butchers in Dandenong definitely has them. Also black pudding, pork pies etc.

The Elephant & Wheelbarrow pub, Bourke St, also serves Cumberland sausage dishes.

Very good Irish pork sausages in "Get Fresh", Boronia. I wouldn't buy anything else.

Not seen the shop in Bayswater, where is it? (I have seen the crisps/sweet shop near the level crossing: good for pickled red cabbage, Colemans mint sauce, Pot Noodles etc)
Oh, perhaps it was a grocers rather than butchers
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

chiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nice

Hi all

I am so glad somebody asked this question.

We are applying at the moment for a visa but my brother is already out there, upon visiting him I did notice the lack of 'normal' or good sausages and was a little concerned that I would have to start making my own!!!!!

Now if they can just get English chocolate in Melbourne there will be nothing left for me to worry about. Except getting the visa that is.....

Cx
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Pippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chiara
Hi all

I am so glad somebody asked this question.

We are applying at the moment for a visa but my brother is already out there, upon visiting him I did notice the lack of 'normal' or good sausages and was a little concerned that I would have to start making my own!!!!!

Now if they can just get English chocolate in Melbourne there will be nothing left for me to worry about. Except getting the visa that is.....

Cx
There is a shop on Collins street in the city which sells all uk stuff but very expensive. OH buys marmite from there when our stocks run out
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:30 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chiara

Cx
You can get Thorntons chocolates at any Myer store, if that helps?

In the Eastern suburbs there are also "British" sweet shops in Bayswater, Croydon and Olinda. You can get pretty much anything you want, at a price.

What is it that you will miss?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bordy

They should pay you commission

Dolly
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

chiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nice

Originally Posted by nicktork
You can get Thorntons chocolates at any Myer store, if that helps?

In the Eastern suburbs there are also "British" sweet shops in Bayswater, Croydon and Olinda. You can get pretty much anything you want, at a price.

What is it that you will miss?
Hi

When I visited Melbourne before the chocolate seemed to be more european and not English, and I know english chocolate is supposed to be the worst but I love it.

I would miss cadburys and Galaxy chocolate as they are my fave, although it may be a blessing in disguise as I won't be able to eat it so readily.

My brother says you get used to the taste but I am not so sure..

Cheers

Cx
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

You can get English chocolate from the shop on collins st, there's another shop in Melbourne Central, one in Bayswater and there's a decent mail order company based in Sydney...actually I think the Collins St shop is an offshoot of it.

IGA supermarkets usually stock marmite at a fair price and if you're interested they also sell Branston pickle.

You can buy British beer out here in a few bottle shops...especially Acland Cellars in StKilda.

Now I know where I can get Cumberlands....the circle is complete.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Don't have a branch in SE Qld do they ..........
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:34 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I think there's a British butchers in Bayswater too - but I haven't been there. I should check it out.
Thanks for this thread. This was actually something I was thinking about. I'm VERY fussy about sausages but only because my Dad is a retired Sausage & Haggis champion of Scotland.

Aldo Zilli was talking about sausages this week on TV and he gave the best advice to those looking for good ones "buy the best you can afford".

Gill
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:42 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Thanks for this thread. This was actually something I was thinking about. I'm VERY fussy about sausages but only because my Dad is a retired Sausage & Haggis champion of Scotland.

Aldo Zilli was talking about sausages this week on TV and he gave the best advice to those looking for good ones "buy the best you can afford".

Gill
Yes, I saw him on GMTV and he said to boil the sausage first to make sure they are completely cooked. Good little tip there for my HUGE barbie if I ever get there.....
J x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.