CSA Info Needed

Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

surfs up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CSA Info Needed

Can anyone please tell me what happens if you pay the UK CSA for a child living in the UK and you move to Australia.

Are you still obligated to pay by law or can I make a private arrangement?

Can my childs mother contact the Australian CSA and make a claim through them if i move to Australia?

The information online is quite confusing so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 8:11 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CSA Info Needed

Originally Posted by surfs up
Can anyone please tell me what happens if you pay the UK CSA for a child living in the UK and you move to Australia.

Are you still obligated to pay by law or can I make a private arrangement?

Can my childs mother contact the Australian CSA and make a claim through them if i move to Australia?

The information online is quite confusing so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Things may have changed but many years ago when I departed the UK, the info was clear enough on the CSA web web site that they had no jurisdiction with regards to collecting payments if you are outside of the UK. I called them to confirm that and wrote them a letter advising of my last day in the country too.
You can make a private agreement with your wife and/or a legally binding one through solicitors which CAN be enforced internationally.
Note - Australian CSA does have jurisdiction to collect money from you if you leave the country!
Things may have changed..........call them....it's not an unusual question.
PS: It is absolutely nothing to do with the Australian CSA (unless the child or mother is Australian)