Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown Relocations

Crown Relocations

Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:37 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown Relocations

This thread ,has cracked me up , in my 1500 post i have TOLD you ,Doree bonner ,John Masons , Interpac[Excess} Or if you have plenty of dosh , Micheal GERSHON, or like most people on here Do YOU want the "Removal you want. ?? Or the removal you want to PAY for.??...........YOUR CALL......... mm
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:40 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgkick
Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for a while now and they've been very helpful, esp with the shipping information which is the stage i'm at right now.

I decided to phone Crown as they've been recommended by many people on the forum. I expected them to send somebody round to do the estimate, but instead they've sent me a house contents form to fill in! I thought this was ok at first, but after trying to guess how many boxes things will take up and the volume of things it's turned into a near impossible task.

Is sending a form out normal for Crown or am I being fobbed off cos I'm not moving a huge house full of stuff? Anyone else done this for Crown and how did you go about it?

thanks,
Pete
I had exactly the same thing with Crown, just emailed me an attachment form to fill in. I deleted it. I thought that if they can't be bothered to ring or send someone round then I can't be bothered to give them my money!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:11 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
This thread ,has cracked me up , in my 1500 post i have TOLD you ,Doree bonner ,John Masons , Interpac[Excess} Or if you have plenty of dosh , Micheal GERSHON, or like most people on here Do YOU want the "Removal you want. ?? Or the removal you want to PAY for.??...........YOUR CALL......... mm
I think I am being thick. Don't say anything! Is this the list you do recommend or the list you don't? Doree Bonner don't have a very good reputation on here as I recall but Masons do. Never heard of Interpac or Gershon.

Having read nearly every thread on this forum for 9 months now I always thought PSS had the best reputation. After them Crown and Mason were next best from memory. So I was quite surprised to see such negative feedback on Crown (even if most of it is to do with not turning up to quote rather than quality of service for those who did get a personal visit).

I wonder if I was to start a thread on PSS or Masons, say, would I get just as many negative comments.

After all we are British. We slag people off when they are crap but don't praise them when they are good.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:15 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
From what Ive heard, I wouldnt touch Crown with a bargepole. I seem to recall that they are almost as bad as ***** ********? If they cant be arsed to come out and give you a quote, why should you bother giving them the business? Its apalling really. The quote they gave us was also £950 more than anyone else! I think they may be rip off merchants!

Can anyone who has used them give us advice?
What on earth makes them as bad as ***** ******** - I never thought that could be possible!!!? - please can you tell me more and what has put you off so much as many of us have booked them. So far I haven't had any problems - fingers crossed I don't either. I never had any problems getting an estimator out and that was only for a small 2 bedroom house. The Livingston branch were excellent. I wonder if the cases of people not getting estimators out are fairly isolated?
Lynn

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Jul 26th 2005 at 7:49 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:17 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by worzel

After all we are British. We slag people off when they are crap but don't praise them when they are good.
I wrote a letter to the head office of Boots once to tell them about the good service I had received from one of their shop girls
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if I was to start a thread on PSS or Masons, say, would I get just as many negative comments.

Hi
I was going to post this exact thread tonight. I have had quotes from the standard 5 but am now undecided whether to go with pss or masons. I received a quote from masons tonight which suprisingly is actually cheaper than pss, although i am checking it out!

out of the two companies who would you recommend? and why?
I need to make a decision fairly swiftly as i am completing all going well on 26th august and its a busy time.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Irene
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:04 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Yes we chose Crown also mainly because they had offices here in Australia and thought we would get the same kind of decent service here as we did in the UK. How wrong we were!

Yeah mate Cause Australian's are bastards!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We had PSS here on 14/15 July and now our stuff is on its way to Oz. We were very pleased with them and have no complaints at all with them. Would highly recommend them.

Lorraine

Glad to hear it - we have PSS coming on Friday to pack us up- fairly rapid transit time - expected in Fremantle by 8th Sep
Will report back to this thread when we have news
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Davey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Paylia
Glad to hear it - we have PSS coming on Friday to pack us up- fairly rapid transit time - expected in Fremantle by 8th Sep
Will report back to this thread when we have news

I have also decided with PSS.

When Crown called me i advised them they were 30% more expensive - and without any prompting he said he would go and look at his price. Within 20mins they had dropped a substantial amount.

I told them i was going with PSS and he thanked us for the opportunity to look at his price - so i guess its something that they like doing...

So if anyone is considering Crown its worth asking the question.. Maybe it was just a one off but he did ask my wife if and who we were getting other quotes from.....which made me feel uneasy.

Mind you i asked PSS if they could do anything with their price and their response was "Why should we we have plenty of business and we know we are very competitive!"

I told them that i had to ask just in case - otherwise i would never know.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

michdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant future

We have just moved to Sydney & used Crown for the move.

We've been very impressed with them so far - their service has been excellent. They did send someone round to do an estimate though & we're glad they did because the estimate was way over 20ft container & gave us th incentive to throw loads of stuff out! In the end, we shipped a 20 foot container & the UK team packed us really efficiently. We even received an email from the Sydney office before we left the UK to introduce themselves. Since our arrival in Sydney, they have been in contact with us to check forms etc. & seem on the ball.

We had estimates from a number of companies & Crown were more expensive but they also seemed to be more honest by telling us all the customs costs upfront (not all do!) & also, they were the only ones to point out that we could get shipping insurance from anywhere we liked - it didn't have to come from them. At the end of the day, we decided to go with Crown because they also have an Australian office rather than just an agent. Having read some of the previous posts on this site, it seemed that there can be quite a lot of debate over broken/damaged items & where the responsibility lies. Crown's service has certainly been worth the extra money to date .

It comes down to personal preference at the end of the day...

Good luck with the move

Michele
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:29 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. You get a gut feeling from your dealings with all the removal companies and then consider all their costs. We chose PSS and have been pleased with them but someone might not be. You have to go with who you feel is best for you.

Lorraine
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:30 am

Barry Koolen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to British Expats Members!

As a kiwi living in the UK for the past nine years and as the MD of Crown Relocations in the UK, I've followed the comments posted on this thread with great interest. If we ever wanted some unsolicited feedback from Customers and potential customers, then we have certainly got it here! The issue of the "Home Contents form" has created a lot of interest. To be honest, it is not our preferred method of assessing shipment volume and establishing a price, but the form is used in some circumstances. Generally, we will ask a number of questions at the initial enquiry to establish some basics. In a small number of cases, we will send the form rather than a Moving Consultant. An example of this would be over the industry's peak period (June-August) where demand is particularly high, and our Consultants may be booked up for an extended period. If there is some date flexibility for the Pre-Move Survey, we will generally be able to accommodate. Thanks for the feedback on the use of this form, we will certainly take this on board.

Making the choice about which moving company to use to ship your valuable possessions to the other side of the world can be a daunting task. It's a once in a lifetime decision for many. At Crown, we have our own offices, with our own staff, in 100 locations throughout the world, including 17 throughout New Zealand and Australia- so we don't use other companies.
Also, there are new insurance regulations which came into force from 14 January, administered by the FSA. Crown are one of the few companies who are DIRECTLY AUTHORISED by the FSA to provide insurance services. Our FSA Regulation number is 312398. It's an important issue, so discuss this thoroughly with any potential moving company prior to moving.

Good luck- if you have any further questions please e-mail me on [email protected]

Barry
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:48 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barry Koolen

As a kiwi living in the UK for the past nine years and as the MD of Crown Relocations in the UK, I've followed the comments posted on this thread with great interest. If we ever wanted some unsolicited feedback from Customers and potential customers, then we have certainly got it here! The issue of the "Home Contents form" has created a lot of interest. To be honest, it is not our preferred method of assessing shipment volume and establishing a price, but the form is used in some circumstances. Generally, we will ask a number of questions at the initial enquiry to establish some basics. In a small number of cases, we will send the form rather than a Moving Consultant. An example of this would be over the industry's peak period (June-August) where demand is particularly high, and our Consultants may be booked up for an extended period. If there is some date flexibility for the Pre-Move Survey, we will generally be able to accommodate. Thanks for the feedback on the use of this form, we will certainly take this on board.

Making the choice about which moving company to use to ship your valuable possessions to the other side of the world can be a daunting task. It's a once in a lifetime decision for many. At Crown, we have our own offices, with our own staff, in 100 locations throughout the world, including 17 throughout New Zealand and Australia- so we don't use other companies.
Also, there are new insurance regulations which came into force from 14 January, administered by the FSA. Crown are one of the few companies who are DIRECTLY AUTHORISED by the FSA to provide insurance services. Our FSA Regulation number is 312398. It's an important issue, so discuss this thoroughly with any potential moving company prior to moving.

Good luck- if you have any further questions please e-mail me on [email protected]

Barry
Some useful information there. Thanks for that.
I have dropped you an email Barry.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:58 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

If we ever wanted some unsolicited feedback from Customers and potential customers, then we have certainly got it here!

Barry
Hi Barry,

if you are interested in feedback on your company, you may want to do a "search" (click button on top - then click "advanced search") for "crown relocations" in this forum and in the "Australia and New Zealand Immigration forum".

Regards

Gina
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:26 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Barry
Good on ya Bazza <note all Kiwi's / Aussies abbreviate names >

Actually I'm pleased as punch you took the opportunity to clarify a few points, valid or not at least it demonstrates a measure of your worth as a Director. It's important that you listen to your customers as this ensures you are a "customer led", not "product led" business. Any business today that doesn't think this is important deserves to lose everything.

As it happens, my brother has chosen your firm as their preferred removalists and so far they have been extremely pleased with the service and professionalism demonstrated by Crown removers. They did however provide feedback to one of your employees here in Brisbane, expressing their concerns re comments made on this very site. Their intention was that someone from your company should read and act upon what's been expressed by the people on this forum, after all reality is in the eye of the beholder and if this is what some of your customers perceive then it is in your interest as a company to alter that perception

Anyways, what I'm saying is two fold.

Firstly, well done for listening to your customers as they are your greatest asset .

And secondly, ....make sure me bleedin brother gets his stuff in one piece on the 19th of this month or he's gonna be one unhappy bunny...and I'm after a BIG Christmas pressy from him this year

Good on ya .....& good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.