Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are Crown giving me the right info here?

Are Crown giving me the right info here?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:48 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Are Crown giving me the right info here?

Crown have just told me that I must declare on the Oz customs form EVERYTHING I've bought within the last 12 months, right down to approx how many pairs of socks, knickers etc and their value!! YIKES :scared:

I thought that items of clothing bought for my personal use only did not need to be declared - and it's mostly cheap tat or better stuff bought at bargain prices on sale anyway, no Armani Jackets or anything like that.

What did everybody else do about this??

Anya.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:52 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Are Crown giving me the right info here?

Originally posted by anya4oz
Crown have just told me that I must declare on the Oz customs form EVERYTHING I've bought within the last 12 months, right down to approx how many pairs of socks, knickers etc and their value!! YIKES :scared:

I thought that items of clothing bought for my personal use only did not need to be declared - and it's mostly cheap tat or better stuff bought at bargain prices on sale anyway, no Armani Jackets or anything like that.

Anya.
Crown told us not to declare as the customs would never know

Jill

Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:56 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi anya4oz

I must admit, our shippers also told us not to declare anything unless it was obviously new.

Lisa
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

What customs form? don't think Pickfords gave us one!?!?!
:scared:
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Thanks everyone! I'm beginning to think Crown just have a morbid interest in the state of my underwear.... had better not disappoint them.

Anya
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:14 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by nosuchluck

You should have had a customs form, inventory and AQIS form

PJ
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jacko1
You should have had a customs form, inventory and AQIS form

PJ

OMG!
i've only got the inventory, do i have to have the customs form and AQIS form? think that they may be on their way to Brisbane with our shipment!
HELP!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The only stuff that they are interested in is things like electrical goods, as if they are under 12 months old then technically you are liable for GST on them.
I didn't declare anything as being bought within the last 12 months - some of my jeans still had labels on and were ignored, and the computer was inspected by customs when I had it airfreighted in, but they didn'task about its age at all. Maybe they thought the beer stains on the keyboard made it look old.....

Seriously, you don't have to list your knickers. And the inventory only needs to say things like Box 1 - CDs, Box 2 - Books, Box 3 - clothes.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:38 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

OMG!
i've only got the inventory, do i have to have the customs form and AQIS form? think that they may be on their way to Brisbane with our shipment!
HELP!

I'm sure/positive Pickfords would have made absolutely certain that the right paperwork went with your shipment.

GOOD LUCK

PJ
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

So i don't have to have the customs and AQIS form on my person when i arrive in Brisbane on September 11th?
rach x
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, the forms should be faxed from the shippers in the UK to the shippers in Oz. I had to do another AQIS form this end, as they messed that up, but all the customs paperwork was dealt with by the importing company.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Pollyanna

Thanks for that, was frantically going through paperwork that we have got left here!
phew!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:24 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz

Anya.
BOLLOCKS ................. mm
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Originally posted by mr mover
BOLLOCKS ................. mm
And there speaks the expert on the subject, giving the definitive answer!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:29 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

its a B 534 CUSTOMS DEC FORM.............. i understand , as you come frome DORSET , as a kid i lived in Milton Abbas, so it tends to slow the brain ............. MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.