Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown came to quote today..did they tell you this...

Crown came to quote today..did they tell you this...

Old Oct 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crown came to quote today..did they tell you this...

AQIS are going to check the container anyway, they check each assignment regardless crown told me.They select in particular the items that are sensitive to import ie wood anything with contact outside, like bikes.The inventory list gives them an idea of what you're bringing in. The CFC issue threw me!!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parh
AQIS are going to check the container anyway, they check each assignment regardless crown told me.They select in particular the items that are sensitive to import ie wood anything with contact outside, like bikes.The inventory list gives them an idea of what you're bringing in. The CFC issue threw me!!
Australia, do not want CFC in their ozone layer, applies to products here also. Air Cons, Hair Sprays, Fridges , etc etc..

Its not so important in the uk, cos of the smog.. people cant read the labels
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Australia, do not want CFC in their ozone layer, applies to products here also. Air Cons, Hair Sprays, Fridges , etc etc..

Old Oct 13th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by parh
Our container wasn't checked at all!! Was told wicker was a definate no no.Bought a new fridge through without any problems.
We bought over the ashes of our dogs - I was paranoid they were going to opened - weren't even looked at!!
Don't know how true this is - but we were told AQIS have a pretty good idea about good /bad shipping companies - in terms of what they allowed to be packed - some companies get more checks than others.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 9:58 pm
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nick11
Our container wasn't checked at all!! Was told wicker was a definate no no.Bought a new fridge through without any problems.
We bought over the ashes of our dogs - I was paranoid they were going to opened - weren't even looked at!!
Don't know how true this is - but we were told AQIS have a pretty good idea about good /bad shipping companies - in terms of what they allowed to be packed - some companies get more checks than others.
If it is a new fridge freezer it will be CFC free anyway, the U.K. manufacturers banned manufacture of these products back in 1995 I believe, just list the refrigerant it will have an R number like R407C or R410 a, and if you look in your manufacturers book it should have what the insualtion is made or blown of usually the same refrigerant. Also the units work fine over here the only minor problem you may have is fitting in the kitchen units as Ozzy ones tend to be shorter and fatter like american styles.

Neil
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

The CFC issue threw me because new fridges are CFC free!!