Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crocodiles in Brisbane (SC)

Wikiposts

crocodiles in Brisbane (SC)

Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:10 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default crocodiles in Brisbane (SC)

Anyone see that story on the news? A croc was spotted in the Noosa river by a couple of people (Probably been drinking my home brew). Here's the link

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

Although it doesn't mention it in this story; last night it said on the news that a further 4 sightings of it had taken place yesterday.

oohhhh
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:09 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: crocodiles in Brisbane (SC)

In 1905 a local gentleman called Charles Gotch noticed something swimming in the river. He took a pot shot at it as he thought it looked like a crocodile and was fairly surprised. It floated all the way up to local village and all the local boys there hauled it out of the river, skinned it and pegged it up on the wall of the schoolroom. You were allowed to do that back then. It is thought they were trying to scare the kids from swimming in the river, as there were a few sharks there, but that's the only crocodile that's ever been found.

Logan river croc.... stranger things have happened
Attached Thumbnails crocodiles in Brisbane (SC)-croc.jpg  
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

And now, of course, the only thing you would catch in the Logan River would be a disease.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:37 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
And now, of course, the only thing you would catch in the Logan River would be a disease.
Still a good place to catch a bull shark though

Some people reckoned that the Logan croc was probably put there.. someones pet. I don't know though, it's quite possible for a stray croc coming down with the warm currents. There used to be Barramundi around Brisbane once upon a time, but they got fished out. I have even caught a Cobia right down in Newcastle a few years back(cobia are not supposed to go down that far) ... and dare I say it... no never mind, you'll think I'm barmy lol

Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 25th 2003 at 2:40 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:41 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Just found this... the full story :

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...er03/26/3.html

I find this fascinating... guess where I'm going the weekend
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri

I find this fascinating... guess where I'm going the weekend
Swimming in the Noosa river ??
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:57 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Swimming in the Noosa river ??
Dotty is a bit quiet today... don't tell me she has decided to go swimming in the sunshine coast.

P.S I never swim in the rivers here.. I've caught too many sharks from them - sort of puts me off swimming in them ... you can't get rid of me that easily..lol