Reload this Page >

Buying a car in perth?

Buying a car in perth?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

wille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a car in perth?

hi

Can anyone offer any advice on where to buy a used car in perth? Has anyone experienced the auctions. Looking to spend about $6000 to $8000

Thanks in advance
will
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:49 pm
Badge

Default Re: Buying a car in perth?

There is a auction warehouse on Newcastle - or was it Aberdeen ?street (the long west-east one) going through Northbridge north of the railway in the CBD. It's the same road as where all the hostels are - but at the west end. (The hostels are at the middle/east end)

The place is right near where the north - south motorway (serving Joondalup in the north/ southern suburbs Jondakot airfield) comes out into Northbridge..

will check and get back to you..

we got a falcon there for peanuts and it took us from perth to alice springs all around the NW, Darwin, Broome etc

badgers

Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Loads of car yards in Perth just take a look in the West Australian on Saturday or Wednesday also online.

We set out to spend $5000 but there is so much crap at that price plus no MOT here so its a bit hit and miss. If you are confident with buying at auction and know what to look for its the best way to go.

Also most supermarkets / shopping areas have notice board so good source of second hand cars. One on the board in shop near us - Ford Falcon with all the camping gear thrown in $2500

At home I would feel confident buyng an old motor but not knowing what to look for out for here we went for a year old one. Plus did not fancy breaking down middle of knowhere so decided reliability was worth losing the money on re - sale and at the end of the day it works out cheaper than rental.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:05 am
Just Joined

chink is an unknown quantity at this point

Am looking for a sedan costing not more than A$15,000 and 4 years old. Thinking of getting one of these:
- Holden Commodore
- Ford Falcon
- Mitsubishi Magna
- Toyota Camry

Any comments regarding economy, reliability, maintenance, etc?

Appears to me that these models give the biggest bang for the buck. But am afraid that they may not be economical to run. Surprisingly, a smallish car such as Toyota Corolla, Holden Astra and Mitsubishi Lancer of the same age would also cost just as much as one of the biggies.

Any other recommendations?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chink
Am looking for a sedan costing not more than A$15,000 and 4 years old. Thinking of getting one of these:
- Holden Commodore
- Ford Falcon
- Mitsubishi Magna
- Toyota Camry

Any comments regarding economy, reliability, maintenance, etc?

Appears to me that these models give the biggest bang for the buck. But am afraid that they may not be economical to run. Surprisingly, a smallish car such as Toyota Corolla, Holden Astra and Mitsubishi Lancer of the same age would also cost just as much as one of the biggies.

Any other recommendations?
I've got a 98 magna wagon, it's great.