Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

croc head,kangaroo skin,croc teeth are permits req?

croc head,kangaroo skin,croc teeth are permits req?

Old May 30th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default croc head,kangaroo skin,croc teeth are permits req?

Hi folks i just needed to ask or find out some info,back in 2004 when i was traveling around oz i picked up a few items from tourist shops of things to remember me of my trip,not knowing many years later i would want move there,well i always had it in my head but did nothing.
Anyway plan or hope to move over next year so plenty of time yet,and i know its least of my worries but thought i ask anyway,when i was there in 04 i got myself a croc head from darwin i had a cites permit for it,if i can find it great,but how can i get another?do i need to apply for one and who or where do i get one,does it cost money to get one and how easy is it?
Is it just anyone of these cites does or the item or are all of them different,if so does someone have one they no longer need?
I also back then got a kangaroo skin i did not have cites permit for this,but would i need one?this is special to me as its got a painting on the skin side,so would love to take this too,do i need a permit for this too.
The worst thing about the whole thing is i purchased both these items in oz and in shops and took them back to uk,but will they allow me to take them back into oz without the permits.

I know i could just get them again when over there,but would rather take them with me if i can,has anyone taken such items with them when moving there goods over?

And one last thing i have a croc tooth on a cord i got back in 2006 like this a lot and was wondering if i would need a permit for that?If say i just wore it around my neck would they know see it,would i best say i have it on me or wearing it,or just say nothing,i was gonna wear this on a recent trip to oz on holiday but thought did not want the hassle if it was gonna be an issue
Old May 30th 2010, 12:29 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: croc head,kangaroo skin,croc teeth are permits req?

I wish I could answer your questions but I really have no idea. I would suggest looking at the customs and quarantine website:
http://australia.gov.au/topics/touri...and-quarantine

More specifically this part:
http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import

It might make sense just to call them up and ask directly.

Hope you find the info you're looking for.

Also... as a side note. Congratulations on asking some new and unique questions! I totally appreciated it so had to have a quick look for you.
Old May 30th 2010, 12:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: croc head,kangaroo skin,croc teeth are permits req?

It would seem daft for them to say no you can't bring them back but who knows with AQIS