Criminality in WA ?

Criminality in WA ?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

joeyfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminality in WA ?

Hi !

I plan to settle in WA.

Yesterday, I checked the official statistics about criminality in WA (source : http://www.police.wa.gov.au/AboutUs/pdf/WA06-04.pdf )

It seems the figures are pretty high !

I compared these figures with the stats (2005) of where I live (in France, northern suburb of Paris) where there is pretty much criminality. (source : http://www.val-doise.pref.gouv.fr/me...dia3586694.pdf )

WA population : 1.9 M
My area : : 1.1 M

Burglary (WA) : 33.033
My area : 7.309

Steal motor vehicles (WA) : 5.880
My area : 5.813

etc...

I would like to have the opinion of those who are living in WA about criminality ? Is there a real problem with burglaries ?

Thank you !
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminality in WA ?

Originally Posted by joeyfr
I would like to have the opinion of those who are living in WA about criminality ? Is there a real problem with burglaries ?
Thank you !
It's certainly the burglary capital of Australia. For such a lovely, clean, modern city it has much more than its fair share of scum.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Caveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi !

<snip>

Thank you !
I haven't been here very long so can't provide much information. However, you might like to look at the following site:

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/AboutUs/...rimeStatistics

You'll find that the crime rates vary widely from suburb to suburb. I wouldn't like to name some of the worse ones here. It seems to me that the burglars don't leave their own patches much. I would have thought that it would be more worth their while to travel to richer suburbs.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching the local news on TV at the weekend will frighten you.

Stabbings, Robberies, etc etc.

Used to go into Northbridge on a regular basis until I realsised the amount of offences that go on at the weekend especially.

Fab place to live and love it but like anywhere else there is a shit full of crime going on.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:47 pm
Banned

Huggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant future

Hi !

I plan to settle in WA.

Yesterday, I checked the official statistics about criminality in WA (source : http://www.police.wa.gov.au/AboutUs/pdf/WA06-04.pdf )

I compared these figures with the stats (2005) of where I live (in France, northern suburb of Paris) where there is pretty much criminality. (source : http://www.val-doise.pref.gouv.fr/me...dia3586694.pdf )

etc...

Thank you !
Don't be too alarmed. The motor vehicles comparison is a more accurate one, if you're worrying about the types of crim. in Perth.

There are some simple reasons for burglaries being so high:

So rather than Perth being full of drug crazed, man eating house intruders, I think you'll find the main reason the figures are so high, is generally because it's easier to rob a house there.

Huggy
            Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:18 pm
            Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

You know the more I hear / read about Perth the more I'm glad I was forced to kick off my life in Oz in Queensland - Gold Coast (original plan WAS Perth)

I've been here for almost 5 months and in my first 2 weeks here I left my house for the day and accidentally left my garage open (door to whole house from there) and returned 8 hours later. After realising I'd left the garage door open I expected to walk into an empty house, but no, as it was left! ...

I'm sure we have our fair share of crime here, but the local paper (thankfully) isn't full of it! ...
            Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:08 pm
            Banned

Huggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant futureHuggy Bear has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
            You know the more I hear / read about Perth the more I'm glad I was forced to kick off my life in Oz in Queensland - Gold Coast (original plan WAS Perth)

I've been here for almost 5 months and in my first 2 weeks here I left my house for the day and accidentally left my garage open (door to whole house from there) and returned 8 hours later. After realising I'd left the garage door open I expected to walk into an empty house, but no, as it was left! ...

I'm sure we have our fair share of crime here, but the local paper (thankfully) isn't full of it! ...
            What made you change your mind to Brissie over Perth?
            Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:50 pm
            Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree mate.
            Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:10 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

My back door is always open, not just unlocked.

Once the would be robbers get past the Rotti, fair game to them
            Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:56 pm
            Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

maybe it was the local burglars day off, they have holdiays also.
            Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:15 am
            Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Huggy Bear
            What made you change your mind to Brissie over Perth?
            I'm here studying to hopefully get my PR, the school has dictated where we are, it's as simple as that. When we first looked into Oz we liked the sound of Perth, and a lot of Aussies I came into contact with spoke very highly of it so as I say original plan was to head over there.

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
            Once the would be robbers get past the Rotti, fair game to them
            Yeah we have a very territorial Staffy who would've prob found any strangers entering ... let's just say interesting! ... altho to be honest he was in Sydney quarantine at the time so fat lot of good he'd of been.

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
            maybe it was the local burglars day off, they have holdiays also.
            Maybe so but we went out for the day leaving garage door wide open twice in the first few weeks ... I think I have it sussed now ...
            Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:56 am
            Just Joined

salohcin will become famous soon enoughsalohcin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maggy
            Just watching the local news on TV at the weekend will frighten you.

Stabbings, Robberies, etc etc.

Used to go into Northbridge on a regular basis until I realsised the amount of offences that go on at the weekend especially.

Fab place to live and love it but like anywhere else there is a shit full of crime going on.
            If they reported all the stabbings and robberies that go on in any city in the UK you'd never leave your house. I find it reasuring when I watch the news here. At home it wouldn't have been news.

I'm from the north of england, northbridge seems quite tame to me. And besides the steaks in the Brass Grill are worth any risk.
            Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:34 am
            Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi !

I plan to settle in WA.

etc...

Thank you !
            Australia has similar levels of crime to the UK. It's nothing to worry about. Crime in Perth is higher than where I lived in Surrey. I'm not worried about it & do not live in fear. We regularly go out & leave the doors unlocked, even open sometimes. For me it's not an issue.
            Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:46 am
            BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

A friend of mine always leaves the car windows down, a very bad habit
            Imagine how horrified she was last week to return to her car & find that someone had stolen her little boys dummy off the back seat :scared:
            Now that should have made the local news round here
            Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:58 am
            Wol
            Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huggy Bear
            Don't be too alarmed. The motor vehicles comparison is a more accurate one, if you're worrying about the types of crim. in Perth.

There are some simple reasons for burglaries being so high:

So rather than Perth being full of drug crazed, man eating house intruders, I think you'll find the main reason the figures are so high, is generally because it's easier to rob a house there.

Huggy
                      What an extraordinary way to rationalise a high level of burglaries!

The *method* is one thing but the motive is quite another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.