Criminal Record

Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal Record

My partner had a phone call from our agent on friday saying my criminal record could be a problem.I have 5 minor offences from 1988 to 1999 also drink driving 8 years ago,we are on the second stage of our application,does anyone know if there is anypoint in continuing?
Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:37 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Criminal Record

Originally posted by Tallpaul
My partner had a phone call from our agent on friday saying my criminal record could be a problem.I have 5 minor offences from 1988 to 1999 also drink driving 8 years ago,we are on the second stage of our application,does anyone know if there is anypoint in continuing?

Dont know the answer to your question, but have you had a look at the below link? It stated the DIMA's Character Requirement.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/family/character.htm

There is also another wesbite which I really cannot remember. Its for a small visa agency and set's things out really simply and I remember reading a breakdown of the character requirements in that. I'll see if I can remember it, or maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about?!
Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
Dont know the answer to your question, but have you had a look at the below link? It stated the DIMA's Character Requirement.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/family/character.htm

There is also another wesbite which I really cannot remember. Its for a small visa agency and set's things out really simply and I remember reading a breakdown of the character requirements in that. I'll see if I can remember it, or maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about?!

Okay, that didnt take long - managed to find it on my history,

try

http://www.visa-unit.com/character.htm
and the link on that (back to a DIMA pdf) is
http://www.visa-unit.com/dimia%20for...racter_req.pdf

Old Apr 4th 2004, 6:39 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

I'd be very surprised if MINOR offences were held against you?? Maybe it's because the offences were continued over 11 years?

Given these were minor, may be worth writing to DIMIA and explaining what happened and why. Attach to this a character refrence/s from few upstanding pillars of the community e.g. local bobby, own Doctor, Boss at work etc [U get the drift].

Given these were minor offences I would have thought you'd be OK.........I wish ya Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 4th 2004, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the advice,when we first started the application i was upfront about my convictions and the agency said there wouldnt be a problem.But on friday he was speaking to my partner on the phone and she was telling him that we had our scottish police checks back and that i had 4 breaches of the peace between 1988 and 93 silly bloody football things and another one in 98 which i all recieved small fines for,however the main one was drunk driving which i was breathalised the next day after being out the night before is the one im definetly not proud about it was 8 years ago.I am going to phone him tomorrow but apparently when my partner spoke to him he reckoned the only thing we had going for us was that she was a nurse.Weve come a long way to go back now so fingers crossed
Old Apr 4th 2004, 7:14 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks very much for the advice,when we first started the application i was upfront about my convictions and the agency said there wouldnt be a problem.But on friday he was speaking to my partner on the phone and she was telling him that we had our scottish police checks back and that i had 4 breaches of the peace between 1988 and 93 silly bloody football things and another one in 98 which i all recieved small fines for,however the main one was drunk driving which i was breathalised the next day after being out the night before is the one im definetly not proud about it was 8 years ago.I am going to phone him tomorrow but apparently when my partner spoke to him he reckoned the only thing we had going for us was that she was a nurse.Weve come a long way to go back now so fingers crossed
There ya go......tell em [DIMIA] wot you've said here and hopefully all will be OK. You haven't exactly been a mass murderer now have ya

Don't forget to tell DIMIA you've had a clear record for 5 years [1999 to 2004] and you are now married to a respectable pillar of the community [Nurse]

Have you got a decent job? Throw that info in too i.e you've got a lot to lose if you mess up again so hardly likely to jepordise blah...blah...blah

Don't worry. Sounds like you've been irresponsible but hardly a hanging offence

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 4th 2004, 7:51 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd echo the points Pheonix said - tell them you admit silly errors in the past but you learned your lesson and have been a sensible and upright citizen for the past 5 years. Get a couple of references as mentioned, but why not go into the local cop shop and explain what your doing and see if they are kind enough to do you a reference for the past 5 years good behaviour - they can only say no, so nothing lost ! (even if you have to do a bit of arse kissing).

Good luck !
Old Apr 4th 2004, 8:03 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by irishmolly
I'd echo the points Pheonix said - tell them you admit silly errors in the past but you learned your lesson and have been a sensible and upright citizen for the past 5 years. Get a couple of references as mentioned, but why not go into the local cop shop and explain what your doing and see if they are kind enough to do you a reference for the past 5 years good behaviour - they can only say no, so nothing lost ! (even if you have to do a bit of arse kissing).

Good luck !
Agree irishm......except for arse kissing cop bit.

Ave yer evver seen a coppers arse? Bet ya wouldn't wanna go there :scared: :scared: :scared:

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There are people using the forum who have more serious records than breaches of the peace, but have been given visas.
Follow the advice to write a letter to go with the police check explaining the circumstances of the offences, and the fact they were a while ago and you've reformed etc. If you know any "pillars of the community" like judges/solicitors/police get them to write you a character reference. I know one person got one from his kids headteacher.
If your agent os up to scratch he/she ought to know what sort of thing to do......
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:23 pm
Me_not_You

Why do all these criminals want to move to Australia? I am moving to get away from people like you. Myself and my family have no criminal record and do not wish to be subjected to your so-called "minor misdemeanors". It's about time criminals were punished, even if only stopping them going into countries they want to live in. I hope you don't get a visa.
Me

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am moving to get away from people like you.
Hate to tell you this, but if you move to Oz you will find quite a lot of Aussies have criminal records too....

Stick your head back under your bridge little troll, and stop being so sanctimonious, unless you are so sin-free that you are allowed to cast the first stone........???
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:34 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Me_not_You
Why do all these criminals want to move to Australia? I am moving to get away from people like you. Myself and my family have no criminal record and do not wish to be subjected to your so-called "minor misdemeanors". It's about time criminals were punished, even if only stopping them going into countries they want to live in. I hope you don't get a visa.
Me

what an attitude........ goodie two shoes!!!!!!

Boomie

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:50 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Me
Ummmm..............humility not in your vocabulary then

Oh how I wish I were so perfect

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Me
No probs m8 youre entitled to your opion,but if you think that everyone without a criminal record is good and that everyone with a criminal record is bad then your leading a bit niave.
Like ive said allready thanks everyone for helping,ivew actually got three or four friends from the police who im sure would give me a reference so ill be contacting my agent tomorrow so ill keep everyone posted about how i get on,cheers paul
Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:00 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

No probs m8 youre entitled to your opion,but if you think that everyone without a criminal record is good and that everyone with a criminal record is bad then your leading a bit niave.
Like ive said allready thanks everyone for helping,ivew actually got three or four friends from the police who im sure would give me a reference so ill be contacting my agent tomorrow so ill keep everyone posted about how i get on,cheers paul
Well done....this answer is the measure of you my friend

Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.