Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Criminal Convictions

Criminal Convictions

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Me

RodMac is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Criminal Convictions

Filling in the SIR 495 App online, and it mentions any Criminal Convictions, Do I need to mention a couple of Speeding tickets and 1 once got caught not wearing a seatbelt.

There are all minor motoring offences and I don't even know if they would be on my police checks when I request them.

It hardly makes me a member of The Krays though :P

Should I put it on the Application?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:38 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Criminal Convictions

Originally Posted by RodMac
Filling in the SIR 495 App online, and it mentions any Criminal Convictions, Do I need to mention a couple of Speeding tickets and 1 once got caught not wearing a seatbelt.

There are all minor motoring offences and I don't even know if they would be on my police checks when I request them.

It hardly makes me a member of The Krays though :P

Should I put it on the Application?
Hi there, We have done our application with an agent and they insisted on us putting our minor motoring offences down which included 3 points for a speeding fine. They said it would be better to be honest with everything in case of investigation which would look bad further down the line if we hadn't of declared them. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Convictions

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Hi there, We have done our application with an agent and they insisted on us putting our minor motoring offences down which included 3 points for a speeding fine. They said it would be better to be honest with everything in case of investigation which would look bad further down the line if we hadn't of declared them. Hope this helps.
Absolutely right. Its not going to stop you geting your visa, and it shows your honest
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:48 pm
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Criminal Convictions

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Absolutely right. Its not going to stop you geting your visa, and it shows your honest
We put ours down and as Pollyana says its shows your honest.
Hey but if they are still on your licence when you get your Australian licence its all clean