Reload this Page >

Crime is rate is falling?

Crime is rate is falling?

Old May 30th 2003, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road
Default Crime is rate is falling?

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/c...55E953,00.html

But not all... check out the end of the article.

AndyH

Last edited by jah4reds; May 30th 2003 at 2:36 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 2:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime is rate is falling?

Originally posted by jah4reds

AndyH
We in Perth will not be out done.

BURGLARS broke into WA homes once every 15 minutes on Wednesday.

Police statistics show 119 home burglaries were reported to police.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030530/n...-sto99818.html

Old May 30th 2003, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

ANDY!!!!

Whats all this rubbish, crime, heroin, knifings, robbery!..... You know we dont have any of that here in Dreamland.

Old May 30th 2003, 3:29 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Crime is rate is falling?

Originally posted by jah4reds

AndyH
Here where I am, the local council are putting security guards on the Redcliffe Jetty! - It's to stop kids jumping in the water and having fun. (actually it was because yacht/luxury boat owners were complaing about the "poor" kids - no wonder the kids turn to drugs with prats like this who stop them enjoying themselves) .

I wonder if overseas/soon to be migrant people can order the local "Quest" free community papers and have them sent to them in the UK - that really would give people an idea of their soon to be local area, and the crime in that particular area they want to live in.

Each week here there are plenty of house break in', car crime, and now and again we have murders , one a couple of months back (I'm talking about a small community place (Redcliffe) and not a big city by the way) Drugs are a big prob here too - we have drug bins in the public toilets next to the beaches.

cheers
Old May 30th 2003, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Look at what the kids get up to in the UK.

Just to keep thing in perspective

'Bridge bomb' girls are too young to charge
By Nic Fleming
(Filed: 30/05/2003)

Two nine-year-old girls were captured on camera hurling large stones at drivers from a bridge on Britain's busiest motorway.

The pair, captured on CCTV, were caught by police after a motorist reported that his windscreen had been shattered by a missile. Appalled officers were unable to take further action because the girls were below the age of criminal responsibility.

The motorist was forced to pull over when his BMW was hit by a stone while he was driving near junction eight of the M25 near Merstham in Surrey. He was unhurt.

In March, a lorry driver, Micky Little, 53, was killed when a brick thrown from a bridge over the M3 went through his windscreen.

Yesterday police revealed a doubling in reported cases of objects being thrown from bridges. The number of incidents in the first four months of this year was 105, compared to 163 for the whole of last year.

Officers have identified two "bridge-bombing" hot spots as between junctions nine and 11 of the M25 and between junctions one and four of the M3.

Chief Inspector Mark Clark, of Surrey Police, said: "This has to stop now before more people are killed or maimed. Most incidents have occurred between midday and 8pm - school lunch break time to evening bedtimes. In the main we know it is children and some youths."
Old May 30th 2003, 4:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

By Nic Fleming

Chief Inspector Mark Clark, of Surrey Police, said: "This has to stop now before more people are killed or maimed. Most incidents have occurred between midday and 8pm - school lunch break time to evening bedtimes. In the main we know it is children and some youths."

Did see a 16 year old girl chuck herself off the Freeway bridge into traffic in Perth , and a 17 year old lad did get helped off a freeway bridge he did not see 18.

As for stones and bricks same thing here , you have no idea.

Old May 30th 2003, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

My post was meant to be an optimistic post to show that (according to official figures) there is less crime in Brisbane than last year.

Same for the UK...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2123249.stm

Maybe it's cos there's more organised violence (ie Gulf War, etc) - and the crims have been staying home to watch the *action* on the TV (stolen of course).

AndyH
Old May 30th 2003, 4:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

By Nic Fleming

Two nine-year-old girls were captured on camera hurling large stones at drivers from a bridge on Britain's busiest motorway.

The pair, captured on CCTV, were caught by police after a motorist reported that his windscreen had been shattered by a missile. Appalled officers were unable to take further action because the girls were below the age of criminal responsibility.

The motorist was forced to pull over when his BMW was hit by a stone while he was driving near junction eight of the M25 near Merstham in Surrey. He was unhurt.

In March, a lorry driver, Micky Little, 53, was killed when a brick thrown from a bridge over the M3 went through his windscreen.

Yesterday police revealed a doubling in reported cases of objects being thrown from bridges. The number of incidents in the first four months of this year was 105, compared to 163 for the whole of last year.

Officers have identified two "bridge-bombing" hot spots as between junctions nine and 11 of the M25 and between junctions one and four of the M3.

That also happens and has happened here in Australia too - and you should know that Paul.
I didn't think this was one of these old arguments UK V Australia which is getting to be so boring. "Qantas is better than BA" " there's more crime in Uk" " Oh it's warm here" "da dee da"

Looks as if this is going to turn into debate again.

Right Australia is wonderful - UK is cr*p - Happy now? .. oh no it's not.. oh yes it is

Both countries have prob's regarding crime, and to lead people on to believe that is low in crime, warm all year round etc, etc is wrong.

I would suggest for anyone try and see if you can order the local community "Quest" papers for your soon to be location, or if you have any friends and relatives here in Aus ask them to send you the paper each week - I don't think they have an online paper(s). They'll also have the local property in them too besides community events etc. It will give you an idea/feel for the area you are thinking of moving to.

cheers
Old May 30th 2003, 4:40 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Some mongrel stole our lawnmower last year so I guess we all get crime.

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 4:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Some mongrel stole our lawnmower last year so I guess we all get crime.

Cheers - Don
wish they'd steal mine too - point the lawnmower thieves this way!
Old May 30th 2003, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri

Right Australia is wonderful - UK is cr*p - Happy now? .. oh no it's not.. oh yes it is

Both countries have prob's regarding crime, and to lead people on to believe that is low in crime, warm all year round etc, etc is wrong.

cheers
I totally agree, but I get tired of people slagging off Australia, trying to claim everything is wine and roses in the UK. This country is not totally crime free, nowhere on Earth is.

Both countries have their problems, it's def no worse here than in the UK, maybe it better. I think Andy posted a valid thread and he deserves support from these people who see everything in Australia as Sh*t.

And I'm NOT knocking UK just presenting a balanced view, I am after all British.
Old May 30th 2003, 4:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree, but I get tired of people slagging off Australia, trying to claim everything is wine and roses in the UK. This country is not totally crime free, nowhere on Earth is.

Both countries have their problems, it's def no worse here than in the UK, maybe it better. I think Andy posted a valid thread and he deserves support from these people who see everything in Australia as Sh*t.

And I'm NOT knocking UK just presenting a balanced view, I am after all British.

As the Australian based posters are posting in the daytime its mostly just a bit of banter and creation of threads to keep us distracted from our tedious jobs. Exchange of local news stories seems to be more frequent in the afternoons on here for example. In the mornings I tend to respond helpfully to the UK posters when interested. As there's a relatively small band of Oz based posters on here each day (and Don - don't you go to bed Don?) we've got to put something up to keep ourselves distracted, inevitably this is likely to focus on locally based stuff, though I see my request for nominations for GG earlier this week got little response! Oh well, try harder next time.
Old May 30th 2003, 5:05 am
Banned

You wish to defend Australia fine , I do not.

Old May 30th 2003, 5:05 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
(and Don - don't you go to bed Don?)
Early to bed yesterday (too many beers in the afternoon made me even more dozy than usual!) so woke up early too, always an early bird but this morning more like 2am.

And otherwise: young baby syndrome.

And otherwise: distraction from distraction by distraction.

Cheers - Don