Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crickey.. been here a year already..

Crickey.. been here a year already..

Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:11 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Crickey.. been here a year already..

how did that happen, time has just flown by...

Well, here's an other mile stone I suppose. Been in Brisvegas 1 year (and 1 week)

I came across with no expectations. I only came across to be with my partner who was very home sick, and to be honest I was getting bored of living in London anyway. Not that there was anything wrong with it, just a bit bored, needed to relax a bit more. I am certainly not one of those "the country is going to the dogs, to many immigrants, daily mail, rabid xenophobic" mob...

So whats Brisvegas been like, pretty cool. I suppose I was lucky as I got a job within a couple of months, and that certainly helped me settle down. Its also been very handy with my partner coming from here, it was like walking into a ready made circle of friends. Although still have the feeling that they are his friends and not mine, but I am making my own friends and I know that the circle will grow, if not to the same size as in the UK, pretty darned close.

Money wise, certainly not earning the same as I was in London, but hey who cares, I have enough to live comfortably on, and live a much better life over here than in the UK. Swings and Roundabouts, some things are more expensive, others cheaper.. For example we have just brought our first house, something I could never have done in the UK, and its weird when you sit down and think I could paint that wall, and dont have to ask the landlords permission.. of course I wont paint that wall, (too bloody lazy.. )

So I suppose in my inane rabbling way, what I am trying to say is, yep I reckon I made the right move.

Here's to the next year and then the next one etc.. just hope they slow down abit more.. I must be getting old...

well off to have a celebratory beer (like a need an excuse..)

have fun....
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crickey.. been here a year already..

Originally Posted by sloake

Well, here's an other mile stone I suppose. Been in Brisvegas 1 year (and 1 week)

I came across with no expectations. I only came across to be with my partner who was very home sick, and to be honest I was getting bored of living in London anyway. Not that there was anything wrong with it, just a bit bored, needed to relax a bit more. I am certainly not one of those "the country is going to the dogs, to many immigrants, daily mail, rabid xenophobic" mob...

So whats Brisvegas been like, pretty cool. I suppose I was lucky as I got a job within a couple of months, and that certainly helped me settle down. Its also been very handy with my partner coming from here, it was like walking into a ready made circle of friends. Although still have the feeling that they are his friends and not mine, but I am making my own friends and I know that the circle will grow, if not to the same size as in the UK, pretty darned close.

Money wise, certainly not earning the same as I was in London, but hey who cares, I have enough to live comfortably on, and live a much better life over here than in the UK. Swings and Roundabouts, some things are more expensive, others cheaper.. For example we have just brought our first house, something I could never have done in the UK, and its weird when you sit down and think I could paint that wall, and dont have to ask the landlords permission.. of course I wont paint that wall, (too bloody lazy.. )

So I suppose in my inane rabbling way, what I am trying to say is, yep I reckon I made the right move.

Here's to the next year and then the next one etc.. just hope they slow down abit more.. I must be getting old...

have fun....

Congrats on ya first year

Been here 5 months, can't get over how quick thats gone too!!!

All the best

Sue x
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:50 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

wow !!!

glad your enjoying it

keep us posted

and good look with the next year and the next one and the next one........

jan xx
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:51 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

have fun....

brilliant to hear that your first year can be classed a success, that is what I want to be able to say, hope that your next year goes well

Cheers Nicky
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:45 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

And everyone is getting fat,,,'cpt mamma cass

everyone should go out and buy all M and P cds
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:10 pm
chilled member

And everyone is getting fat,,,'cpt mamma cass

everyone should go out and buy all M and P cds

shit its been a very long night...M and P = Mammas and Pappas
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
chilled member

shit its been a very long night...M and P = Mammas and Pappas
This dribble is what happens when you go out, with the best intentions.. then end up having one or two too many celebratory drinks...
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:11 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Anniversary