Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cricket bats and water guns

Cricket bats and water guns

Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:30 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Cricket bats and water guns

A couple of trivial questions:

I am trying to get everything ready for shipping and my kids have a few water guns (cheap I know but only just bought due to the nice weather in UK), is it worth taking these to Brisbane i.e. with the water restrictions and everything. Do you see kids running around wasting water in Brisbane or would it be frowned upon as a no no?

Also my lad has a cricket set, the bat is varnished but the stumps are 'raw' wood - are these ok to take or will there be quarantine issues?

cheers
Old Jul 16th 2006, 9:08 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket bats and water guns

Originally Posted by frogboy
A couple of trivial questions:

I am trying to get everything ready for shipping and my kids have a few water guns (cheap I know but only just bought due to the nice weather in UK), is it worth taking these to Brisbane i.e. with the water restrictions and everything. Do you see kids running around wasting water in Brisbane or would it be frowned upon as a no no?

Also my lad has a cricket set, the bat is varnished but the stumps are 'raw' wood - are these ok to take or will there be quarantine issues?

cheers
They will be ok just make sure all the water is out of them, or AQIS might give your shipment a "going over". .............. mm
Old Jul 16th 2006, 10:30 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Due to Level 3ater restrictions in Brisbane you can actually use them, but there is nothing to stop you bringing them over........;they may get to use then again one day!!!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

varsani will become famous soon enough

the cricket stumps are fineto bring over,just make sure you clean the mud of the bottom,or paint the bottom bits as we did so you dont see any grass and soil marks.

regards
varsani
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:37 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

You will be able to fill the water guns from a bucket after 7PM and before 7AM on a Tues/Thurs/Sat in an even numbered property and alternate days (excluding Mondays) if in an odd numbered property.

If you exchange your water guns for ones with AAAA rating, the QLD Government will give you a rebate. This is part of the current water gun amnesty under Level 3 Water Restrictions.

You may get an exemption to the above if you can get a Medical Certificate from your General Practioner.